AVIC411.com

Is the Z2 worth the wait? OR the Z1 with the update?

no way its 2-3 hours, you can quote me on that, are you meaning to say that the car has to be sitting there for 2-3 hours? naa, running for 2-3 hours, naaa, doesnt make sense

Worked in an install shop for a while, they would just hookup a charger to the unit while they did the install if it does take that long, you can put a battery charger on set it for 2 amps, and it won't drain down at all.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying its not possible, saying it isnt likely that pioneer would require the car to sit somewhere for what in essence would be 2-3 times longer then it takes to just install the whole system. some of you people that speculate on the features, not to mention the length in time that is insane, probably should just relax and wait till this comes down.

Not saying its not possible, saying it isnt likely that pioneer would require the car to sit somewhere for what in essence would be 2-3 times longer then it takes to just install the whole system. some of you people that speculate on the features, not to mention the length in time that is insane, probably should just relax and wait till this comes down.

ok you have 2 discs on the update. so that is a little less than 20 gigs worth of an update on a 400mhz processor. do the math

man bro, I am trying not to completely out you, but do you really think that ALL 20 gigs is going to be replaced? not likely. You can do math all day long and even tomorrow, I dont care. It doesnt make any sense, so lets just wait and see, or if you want we can keep saying "yeah it is, no it isnt yeah it is no it isnt yeah it is no it isnt...." whatever

man bro, I am trying not to completely out you, but do you really think that ALL 20 gigs is going to be replaced? not likely. You can do math all day long and even tomorrow, I dont care. It doesnt make any sense, so lets just wait and see, or if you want we can keep saying "yeah it is, no it isnt yeah it is no it isnt yeah it is no it isnt...." whatever

actually it is

there is a new algorithm for the nav processing and the actual database is reinstalled. The reason for this is that TeleAtlas bought the company GDT. They added all their POI database(i think the number is now 40mil).

you know what your right. I wont post anymore info what so ever after this.

sorry to cause any problems

It is just annoying, someone who has been around or not spouting of what could be truth or b.s. So maybe just shutting the fuck up for now till theres something, hell anything from pioneer to inform the public would be best. I mean you got one nutt saying its going to be this way and another saying that other way. Some of which doesnt follow the line of reasoning. Then you get another nutt demanding credibility, with comments like "i told you how it is so there". Unless you ARE pioneer, you get about as much credibility as anyone. Irregardless if you have been here lurking for a day or a year.

With anyone of us being wrong, right, partially right, it doesnt matter, the friggin thing aint even out yet. bunch of school girls fighting over the ugly kid in class and who likes him more, geez.

Close actually--They didn't add 40 million POI, they have gone through and mapped exactly where 40 million locations are, starting with their POI. In other words, instead of using postal codes to guess the location (for example, currently the address of 2550 South Street is half way down the 2500-2600 block of South Street if it is not mapped) the new software will know exactly where it is. Pretty cool if it works. Our local Pioneer trainer was beta testing the Z2 software months ago(via a new HD) but said this wasn't added in the version he had. Like i said, sounds like a nice addition, if it works

actually it is

there is a new algorithm for the nav processing and the actual database is reinstalled. The reason for this is that TeleAtlas bought the company GDT. They added all their POI database(i think the number is now 40mil).

you know what your right. I wont post anymore info what so ever after this.

sorry to cause any problems