AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVIC Cust Svc No Help!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not just Pioneer doing this, most GPS manufacturers charge for yearly mapping ugrades.

I think the last Garmin map update I purchased, which was for all of North America (unlocked), was approximately $100 (Canadian) or not far from it. It was reasonably priced.

Amen to Garmin. Use it in my boat and get email updates and firmware links for free updates. Next Vehicle skipping all this Pioneer BS and getting a Garmin Adjunt. Plug in Cig Lighter done! No dated S/W rip offs

Don't get me wrong, I like my AvicD1, but I have to admit I do miss dealing with Garmin. I miss the inexpensive map updates, frequent firmware updates, customer support, and the NavTech maps ... all top quality.

I'm in the same boat as you guys. If I had to do all over again, I'd of saved a few bucks and bought a portable unit. My D1 has had a few problems, and should probably be better than what it is at the price it was at.

The portable units, like the Garmin Nuvi line are closing the gap between in-dash replacement and portable.

I think the only hurdle I would have now with a portable vs. in dash is a way to intergrate voice prompts the way I would want with a portable unit.

Chris.

Anlother big advantage of the adjunt is portability. When I take the other car the avic cannot be pulled to go!

Not so much for me. I got the Avic because I did not want portability - I wanted a permanent in-dash gps system. If anybody wants portability, the Avic certainly is not the way to go :?

Exactly, its the 411 forum. The name implies information would be traded here. Its meant to help people answer questions about the AVIC series of navigation. Do you have anything informative to contribute? Or are you gonna keep up with string of 42 posts of worthless bashing? We all get it!!! You don't like your deck and nobody cares anymore after so many of the same posts. If you don't have anything else to contribute, why would you tell him to get a life? You're the one surfing a board for no other reason to make the same posts over and over and over again

Right and your contribution 646 posts and blah. Its 411= information my content is as good as your non content. If you have something to say lets hear it. This is not Russia. My point is there is alternative AVIC out there. And pioneer customer support is weak. Your point would be...