AVIC411.com

AppRadio 2 HDMI Video Input?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. That sounds awesome! Does the audio pass thru HDMI? Because the AppRadio does not has no audio in…

Yea HDMI carries audio. I was concerned about having no aux in like my previous AVIC unit but later realized there's no piont once you have an HDMI input. The only problem is HDMI/MHL cables can be more expensive and are more clunky than a simple 3.5mm cable.

• 2 weeks later...

To answer the topic question YES you can use the HDMI input for whatever you want for example a dvd player or in my case an xbox 360. I just tried this on my AppRadio 2 "sph-da100". The only issue I am having is that the unit will not recognize the xbox from just turning it on. I first have to turn the radio on and then I have to plug in the HDMI cable into the xbox 360. Only then am I able to get a picture on the screen. If you try this make sure you xbox is set to a max resolution of 720p. Other than that everything else worked picture and sound. Its a start maybe someone can figure out how to not have to plug in the cable everytime???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJvXb_tjsks

I'm going to guess that the app loaded on the Android or iWhatever sends a signal through the cable to activate the connection. The HU knows if nothing is connected to the cable, and it also knows when something is connected but not running the app.

I think Pioneer still has some ways to go before this is a "killer app" - but at the same time, I doubt they'll create any kind of XBOX support. I'm thinking you'll have to put together something like the e-brake/toggle switch to figure it out.

• 1 month later...

Hi gus, is there any more info on this? I'm a bit of a noob the the da100 but I'm loving the idea on having a ps3 in my car. I've just tried to connect one to the head unit abut each time I try to goto the hdmi input it asks me to pair my android device via Bluetooth (I'm an iPhone user so I can't). I press the ignore button to go past it & all I get is a blank screen :s

Hope there is someone out there who can help. :-)

• 2 months later...

I been a broadcast engineer for over 20 years. If it is a true standard hdmi plug that means you should be able to also use a hdmi switcher to add Xbox and apple tv (og version) and switch between two connection. Also you should be able to use it as an output to be able to send out to hdmi monitors or get an RCA to hdmi and push video out to say rear monitors. So watching a video from the iPhone can be extended to rear monitors. That's if it is a standard hdmi port. But I'm guessing that pioneer has it dumb down to only go one way as many tvs and such. It would be interesting to find out. I guess I will experiment when I get mine this week.

hi guys,

what do you think about mini PC AK802 Mini Android.

connect is via hdmi, but will be work touch control on radio ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzFU-UOVdrQ

The touch events of the app radio are controlled by bluetooth, so you need to have a stick with bluetooth. I've been looking at the FX1 Cotton Candy stick, but at nearly $200, I am waiting until a cheap imitation comes out. I think it would be nice just to have phone for hands free and data and the hdmi stick for everything else.

texbuck