AVIC411.com

I have been reading on here but haven't found the answer. When I am driving along without setting a destination, even in my neighborhood (Philadelphia) I am shocked at how few street name actually come up. I might also mention that I have NEVER seen a 3d map showing buildings, even when I am downtown. Any ideas folks, or is this just the beast I must live with?

PS

Can I somehow push google navigator to the HU?

• 4 weeks later...

So this "navigation" unit basically doesn't display most street names and the consumer is supposed to just accept it? I've noticed sometimes I want to turn down a cross street but the name of the street doesn't ever come up. These streets have been around 75 years so they aren't new.

Thanks

Dave

I remember there being a option to show certain items on the Nav screen, may want to check that out. I also know there is a option for what type of view you want it to display, make sure you have the 3D optioned selected. I am out in the country, the voice guidence stops on mine about 8 miles from my house but the screen clearly displays all the street names.

I saw that and the option from what I recall is just to show street names or not. It has a limited street name list in both 2D and 3D.

Dave

Are you referring to them not showing up on the map, or on the bottom bar where it shows the street you are on? Maybe they only show every few streets on the map itself for display clarity purposes? That's what I figured when I noticed it.
  • 4 weeks later...

try living in Alberta!! As soon as you are outside a city your map turns grey with just a 1 pixel wide line to represent the road - my $ 100 GPS is way better

Eeyup,I found that out the hard way more than once.

The sad part is that I bought this thing to get GPS,Bluetooth ,etc. all in one.

I think I'll keep the Garmin mount on the dash.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, the only small solution to the op's question that I have found is that when you change the map scale to zoom in closer you get more street names on the streets showing. I normally use 0.1, or .25 on dense areas and get to see most of the street names, albeit in a small area. Not to hijack the thread, but I just posted a question in the troubleshooting section asking what happened to "Street View" on the x940bt, and the updated z110bt's The icon is now grayed out

Luck to All--Semper Fi