AVIC411.com

xm vs sirius ???????????????

Just wanted to know what most of you recomend xm or sirrius for the z-1.. I have a 2003 yukon xl and my fm stations come in terrible. My stock unit was crystal clear. And yes i installed a power amp antena and still not good . So i guess i am going satelite.

And if anyone knows where to get either xm or sirius for a reasonable price.

p.s just wanted to thank everyone who has helped me so far .. this site is great and i would pay money for this site if i had to.. wish i would have found it before i installed my z-1 though.

thank you in advance

mark

massachusetts

ok thanks . i have spoke to him before .. but i also want to know what is better xm or sirrius . i have never had satelite radio and just want to make sure i get the best one ..

but thanks for the reply and i will get a hold of till... actully i am sure he will see this and let me know . him and ducatiboy are awesome also ctlv79 or something like that

thanks again

My personal opinion would be Sirius only becasue of Howard Stern... I miss that show
my opinion is that would be the only reason to get Sirius. Their music channels suck. But I won't start a debate LOL

Both services offer a free 3 day trial of their online service which is just a stream of their broadcast satellite channels (maybe a few extra as well like XM). I suggest sign up for the free trials and see which channels you prefer more.

Unlike Paisan (who probably owns stock in XM), I started with XM in 2003 and didn't quite like the music stations. So I tried Sirius and enjoyed it. That was back in 03. Things might be a little different now. Try the 3 day trial and take your pick. The nice thing I like about Sirius is their lifetime subscription package. $500 buys you a lifetime subscription. When you tally up the $12.95/month, in about 3 years that comes up to $500 anyway.

You're allowed 3X @ $75 per switchover to a different unit. However if it's a defect, it won't count against you. I checked into this.

One more year and I break even!!

But you're right. Who knows what will be out in 5 years. Maybe a device that's a cell phone, ipod, satellite & GPS reciever that you can carry with you. Basically the iPhone, but with satellite reception.

It's still a deal if you stick w/ sirius. Plus you're not affected if the monthly fee goes up.

And as Homer Simpson would say, "mmmmmmmm freeee playboy channellllll."

I for one, am a Sirius fan all the way. Next month I will break even on my lifetime subscription that I took out when I got my first unit. I recently transfered it to my Z1 without missing a beat. I enjoy the music channels, but I enjoy the talk channels more and that's where Sirius shines the most. Howard Stern's two channels really rock and as well do the other talk channels.

I would probably agree, without Howard, they are probably both pretty equal, but the word in the industry is that they believe that Sirius will be taking over and possibly buying out XM within the next year.