AVIC411.com

X9310BT - Randomly changes station/tracks

Good day all,

I recently purchased a Subaru with the avic-x9310 and since getting it, the stereo has been acting up. Basically, at totally random intervals, the station or track will change on its own... Sometimes it won't happen for a day or two, other times it will do it 3 times in 20 minutes.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

I have had problems with steering wheel control module become faulty or the cars voltage is fluctuating alot and the module thinks that a button is being pressed. I'd measure the cars charging voltage then the voltage are the steering wheel control module.

Hi Bob_00!

We had our 2012 Legacy for about 3 weeks. We have the same random changing of tracks or stations as well. They'd be a 'beep' then the change.

We have have attributed this us touching the steering wheel controls. ie: our fault.

So its interesting to hear that this may not be the case....

We'll have to watch more closely.

Thanks

I have a Subaru Outback 2012 that had this random station change problem with the X9310BT. I reported it to my Subaru dealer (Canada) and he said that there was a technical bulletin on this which includes a fix. They installed the fix, which I think is a capacitor to counter an interference problem. The first fix did not solve the problem but after doing a second fix at the dealer the problem is gone, i.e. no more random station changes without touching anything.

I have a Subaru Outback 2012 that had this random station change problem with the X9310BT. I reported it to my Subaru dealer (Canada) and he said that there was a technical bulletin on this which includes a fix. They installed the fix, which I think is a capacitor to counter an interference problem. The first fix did not solve the problem but after doing a second fix at the dealer the problem is gone, i.e. no more random station changes without touching anything.

I have exactly the same problem. I've had the car for a month and it has happened twice already.

So the issue is known to them, that is a relief, I have a service appointment this week so hopefully it is an easy fix... How long did it take to get it resolved on your end?

• 3 weeks later...

Good day all,

I recently purchased a Subaru with the avic-x9310 and since getting it, the stereo has been acting up. Basically, at totally random intervals, the station or track will change on its own... Sometimes it won't happen for a day or two, other times it will do it 3 times in 20 minutes.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

It's funny you posted this, I have an x920BT which was upgraded to the x930BT firmware and now the x940BT firmware as of yesterday. For the past week my radio has been changing stations and tracks on it's own just like you describe yours... I'm going to disconnect the steering wheel interface and see if the problem goes away.. I bought the PAC interface and it never worked right from day one... 99% of the time it just doesn't work, troubleshooting with them they blame the issue on my car's voltages being too similar when pressing the various buttons.. so I lived with it.. but since it's virtually useless and now it's changing my stations on its own after 2 years.. i'm just going to remove it.

Hi!

I had our 2012 Subaru Legacy serviced today. When I mentioned about our x9310bt's randomly changing FM radio stations and CD music tracks to the check-in guy at the service counter he knew about that problem. He said that they had to put in a capacitor pack.

According to my service invoice, the TSB# is ST.15.01.12 . They installed a #SE1039 Capacitor , There was no charge.

So we'll have to see if this cured it.

Anyway, FYI.

Thanks