AVIC411.com

Iphone 5 Cable?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So what is the bottom line. I have been following this thread. I have been looking at getting the iPhone 5 but only if it will work with my 930. A friend has the phone and has ordered the adapter but it hasn't arrived yet and I was going to try his first but I have a good deal happening for the iPhone 5 but its no deal if it doesn't work

not sure if its been discused here. but the reason the video wont work is cause the iphone 5 used digital video out as opposed to the older iphones use RGB.

It has and we already knew this way before anyone at Pioneer could tell us anything.

the audio and other functions use the USB so those will work fine.

The audio does not use USB.

as opposed to the older iphones use RGB.

well actually, the pioneer units use the composite video out pins in the 30 pin dock connector, now the 30 pin connector dock connector does have pins have pins for component video out (RGB) so that you can use either cable to match the TV you have, but the AVIC's do not use them.

the audio and other functions use the USB so those will work fine.
AVIC's software does not allow audio to be transferred via data, only analog through another connector (either RCA or 4 pin 1/8" mini jack depending on model) can be used with them, now the AVH's will just use USB but thats another long explanation for avh411.com

long story short, the AVIC does not process the ipod locally (able to use data) it processes everything on the ipod itself, so it has to use analog.

this info was from a friend who works for pioneer.

yeah, doesn't really mean much, we all have a friend or two that works for pioneer, and half of them are consistently wrong (except mine, I raised him us as an installer, and now is an electrical engineer that tests new developments)

all apple had to do was use different pins out of the 30 instead of creating a whole new plug and basically screwing all of their most loyal customers. because lets face it, a new convert wouldn't necessarily have any of the old stuff, like cables, docks, alarm clocks, boom boxes, oh yea $1000 navigation systems. not everything get replaced every year like some junk, some audio gear like good home equipment, can last for decades. kinda make you have to wonder, if you do that to your most loyal customers, why should their customers continue to be so loyal?

sorry V, i'll just step down from my soap box now..... 8)