AVIC411.com

Just posted by Pioneer:

"Calling all app developers! Are you up for the challenge? Do you think you have what it takes to work non-stop to create the next big app to work with Pioneer's AppRadio, the revolutionary in-dash car stereo that controls compatible apps directly from its touchscreen? If so, we'll see you in Vegas!"

http://youtu.be/nlOPK8NQ-GQ

Find out more and register for free at http://www.pioneerhackathon.com.

I feel ARLiberator makes the appradio transparent and allows you to use the radio just like it was your phone. No, I'm not paid to be writing this. The dev for this app has put in countless hours to make everything work. Your radio will be what it should have been from the beginning.

texbuck

I feel ARLiberator makes the appradio transparent and allows you to use the radio just like it was your phone. No, I'm not paid to be writing this. The dev for this app has put in countless hours to make everything work. Your radio will be what it should have been from the beginning.

texbuck

Huh? I don't work for Pioneer nor is this site connected with them in any way.

I was commenting on woody's reply about making the appradio right. The dev for ARLiberator has been urged to go and I hope he does. This could be the start of a great relationship. I think Pioneer knows it has the hardware and is reaching out for more software apps to increase its popularity. I no way implied you worked for them. I thank you for posting the video. I would love to go, but don't have the cash to do so.

texbuck

Pioneer are not going to welcome the ARLiberator app as it compromises the position they have to take legally in some elements. People pushing it under the noses of Pioneer is going to do something to block it, not embrace it.

It makes the hackathon pretty pointless on the Android side really. Other than what interesting uses can people come up with for car usage. Doesn't need to be Pioneer specific with ARLiberator as it will just display the phone screen anyway.

Plenty of people are not going to be willing to root there phones to get aplib working. Having some app choice or the stock side of things can't hurt. Anything is better then the current crop of compatible apps.

To be honest, for those people, they would be better off getting the stereo's which are now using Mirrorlink to do the same thing.

But yes, see your point.

There is a screen protector you can get which removes some of the glossy screen effect. I also had to modify the mounting for mine as the dash slopes slightly back in mine (not good in a convertible). Modified it so it sits vertical to marginally downwards and the gloss problem is all but solved. Only low sunlight directly behind causes an issue, but your hand easily shades it when using it to touch control.

most of people asking for iphone 5, etc etc, does anyone think about a kind of wireless connection ( even with an option hiden behind the dashboard )

to connect and fully use iphone 5 ( even iphone 4 )

most of time we hear about this new process called "WIDI" wireless display...or even with dlna protocol or something like that...but in the windows 6 of appradio...???

has anybody thought about this idea ? because keeping the iphone plug/unplugged, etc etc.... in long time use...the connector wire will be "out"...and with iphone 5....sur apple, did something in that perspective...

( maybe only to use their apple tv or airplay module, but i'm not against buying one, if it allow to use the iphone on the appradio, "wirelessly" )

There is a screen protector you can get which removes some of the glossy screen effect. I also had to modify the mounting for mine as the dash slopes slightly back in mine (not good in a convertible). Modified it so it sits vertical to marginally downwards and the gloss problem is all but solved. Only low sunlight directly behind causes an issue, but your hand easily shades it when using it to touch control.

I'm aware of the Lexerd glare screen cover. I still don't like having to use it. :)

most of people asking for iphone 5, etc etc, does anyone think about a kind of wireless connection ( even with an option hiden behind the dashboard )

to connect and fully use iphone 5 ( even iphone 4 )

most of time we hear about this new process called "WIDI" wireless display...or even with dlna protocol or something like that...but in the windows 6 of appradio...???

has anybody thought about this idea ? because keeping the iphone plug/unplugged, etc etc.... in long time use...the connector wire will be "out"...and with iphone 5....sur apple, did something in that perspective...

( maybe only to use their apple tv or airplay module, but i'm not against buying one, if it allow to use the iphone on the appradio, "wirelessly" )

If you're considering purchasing something else, why would you not just get an Android phone and have full control via the head unit?

stargate, you're completly right, but have to "rethink" of purchasing something else etc....why not after all...but if there is something just to "plug and play" wirelessly...that costs less than 80 euros...( have to sell sph-da01...iphone 4, uninstall, réinstall, etc etc...)

but i admit, your idea is good !

I understand. Just curious what your option were, and that's as good a reason as any to not get Android if you don't have to!

See this link:

http://www.pioneerel...e Compatibility

There is an adapter (from Apple, I believe), but you will only get Bluetooth (which you can get without hooking up the phone anyway) and Pandora. If you have an AppRadio 2, you also get music playback it seems. Perhaps get a broken screen iPod Touch 4th gen. and set it up with your iPhone 5 via WiFi? That would seem to be the cheapest solution...