AVIC411.com

I DID IT!!!!

So your Nav Antenna is installed under the dash and not outside?

How is that working for you?

It is working as well as one can expect from this type of GPS system. I tried different locations, on dash, on roof and there are no discernible differences in signal strength. Don't forget, the cover is plastic, the roof is fiber glass and in summer it’s a rag top or no top at all. :lol:

I one thing I know is GPS's, I have them ever since they came on the market. I have them on my laptop, boat, Gold Wing, PDA, truck, car and hooked up to my camera so I can see where the picture was take. 8)

I would have preferred a SIRF system, like most of my others are. Even my camera has a SIRF III receiver; I just turn it on and put in my pocket, around my neck or bag. Works all the time, even inside buildings or parking garages.

redbone1

Cutting all that stuff out, sure made the Jeep go faster. :P

I'm just wondering. Does anyone else see a problem with putting a magnet (gps antenna) that close (on the top of the z1) to a hard disk drive?

I mean, a hd magnetize particles to record data. I'm just wondering if a magnet that close might mess things up.