AVIC411.com

sound quality

I never said anything bad about this country i love canada, i first came hear at the age of 17, when my mother and father died, i really had no close family left over there, my dad had no brothers or sisters and my moms only family was over in canada, so hear i am, no regrets, and i dont want to embark on your "e-fight" i have nothing agianst you or these 2 great countrys that compose north america, but hey im not a free loading brown like some, that get money given to them along with a education, i pay for my own education, i buy my own shit.

and i do agree MECP stage one and advanced prettty much anyone that can read a book can pass. master installer is a diffrent story though, well its all books, but its books that takes brains to retian, hence there only being 100 existing (and most make very nice livings). and i am far from gay, i still have the old country belives, that if your a homosexual you are not worthy of life, this is wearing off, i have nothing agianst anyone like i said im not a fighter.

as for his ability, he did zingers rsx(the whole car just not the sound system) (im pretty sure it a clarion show car now) he makes very good money doing what he does (he owns a reputable audio/performance shop)

http://www.cykoautomotive.com/rsx-fbd1

http://www.cykoautomotive.com/zinger

I am sure your buddy is a great installer. Nobody really cares. And who is Zinger? Nobody cares about that either. Now here is my point, with enough time spent on tuning and placement with good quality equipment, you can make any deck sound good (even a sony--i know, I know, I may have crossed the line on that one.) If you are that worried about it, spend a little extra cash on a line driver, or a lot of extra money on a line driver and a Zapco D/A converter and have a good nav system and a great sounding car. Or like I said earlier, if you don't care about nav, get the clarion. Their high-end Clarion (Mcintosh ripped off) stuff sounded great about ten years ago, hopefully they haven't forgotten how to do it

I actually had an installer tell a customer when the customer asked why his sony speakers blew...."thats why they call it sony exPLODE" emphysis on the capped parts. lol

I do that all the time, some of the reactions are great. Ever plug a 6 1/2 or a sub in the wall. Now that will make a sony eXPLODE!

Well, I'm no expert or certified installer, but I am an electrical engineer and amateur audiophile, and I have installed several fairly high end systems for my friends, including 5 with Avic-Z1s. The biggest issue I've had with the Z1 is the low preamp output voltage. You have to turn the amp gain up very high to get any volume, and that creates hell with the noise floor and S/N ratio. There is an easy fix though, as mentioned a couple posts ago--install a line driver. I've used the Audiocontrol EQL installed very close to the Z1. This drives the preamp voltage up to 13 volts and lets you run the amp gains almost all the way down, getting rid of all the audible noise. It's also got some decent system tuning EQ adjustments and isn't too expensive--around 170 bucks.

I don't know why Pioneer couldn't have at least given the Z1 the 5V pre outs that the Premiers have. That really burns me an almost made me not buy my Z1, but I just don't think I could live without all the toys the Z1 has, and the line driver fixes the sound quality issues completely to my untrained ears.

Exactly. I have friends (they may have bad hearing or may be poor) but they didn't bother with the EQL. They got a good four channel amp with a decent input level, and an epicenter and the car sounds better that probably 99.5% on the road. The original poster said the avic series is designed for navigation first, sound second. I tend to agree but the avic series was also the first to have both for less than $2000 in like 2004. Preout voltage is overated with todays amp technology, and human ears can't hear the difference between .....00000 in S/N ratio. But thats just me

• 1 year later...