AVIC411.com

for those of you will Ipod adapter..

Glove box, I pretty much leave mine connected all the time.

Do you leave it connected even overnight? I noticed mi iPod stays on after I turn the car off and sometime the iPod battery dies (like during the weekend when I don't drive the car). Last Monday it didn't want to play and the D2 was making weird noises (iPod battery was very low).

Did you disconnect the blue wire or something like that to be able to leave in the car?

Sounds like its hooked up wrong. It should go off when the car goes off. Where is the power wire for the ipod adaptor wired too?

Do you leave it connected even overnight? I noticed mi iPod stays on after I turn the car off and sometime the iPod battery dies (like during the weekend when I don't drive the car). Last Monday it didn't want to play and the D2 was making weird noises (iPod battery was very low).

Did you disconnect the blue wire or something like that to be able to leave in the car?

Sounds like its hooked up wrong. It should go off when the car goes off. Where is the power wire for the ipod adaptor wired too?

Now that you ask, I don't remember if it is constant or switched 12V. I guess most likely is constant 12V. I'll check.

No the ipod is on switched. Cause with mine, it only charges when the key is turned on. Or maybe the pioneer is 12V all the time, but it only charges my ipod when running.

When I unhook it it will run for a couple minutes will it shuts off automatically. So it's only charging when I'm driving but when I turn the key everything just works. It's pretty much invisible and just shows up on the Z1 screen automatically. And even if it's at 10% charge, as soon as I turn on the key even if I drive for 5 minutes, it won't fully charge the battery, but it will run while charging. I almost never unhook it or touch it or anything. I figure it's just like "remote storage".

The ipod interface is suppose to be hooked up to +12volts constant and ground. The interface should only charge the ipod when the key is on and for about 5 or so minutes after the key is off. This is of course assuming you have not modified the interface in any way. I don't know how the interface would be have with the blue wire mod done to it.

I keep mine plugged in ALL THE TIME too! Problem is, everytime I enter the car I've gotta reboot the Ipod for the Z1 to recognize it??? Is this common??? Any way to fix it???

No answers for me?????

Is there an update for your ipod firmware? Maybe wiping it and starting over might help. They get corrupted sometimes and need a wipe it out and start fresh and they work better.