AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS (New!) - Manual has disappointing news for iPhone 5 users...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so i am a little confused...

i ordered the x8500bhs last night to replace my stolen z130bt, i also ordered the cd-ih202.  does it look like i actually dont need the cable to make the iphone 5 work witht he unit?

Also has anyone every used the add on navigation unit with a dvd unit?

You don't need the cd-IH202, any $5 HDMI cable will work; the 17-pin Pioneer cable that comes with that kit doesn't even work with the x8500 it's for other head units. Total false marketing by Pioneer.

Hi again, sorry for the week delay, I had to order a pair of factory brackets for my Toyota Celica.

Just got it installed today. I connected my iPhone 5 using only the included male/female USB cable and a Lightning to USB cable that I bought. I can navigate the songs/albums/genres fine just like I could on my previous Pioneer touchscreen stereo. I haven't tried to use the AppRadio mode since it's been said that the firmware patch isn't out yet. I did have the installer plug in a HDMI cable and I've purchased the Lightning to HDMI adapter.

post-78483-0-97212800-1365310514_thumb.jpg

Martinex -- I don't think the firmware patch applies to the x8500, the AppRadio should work out of the box w/ an i5

RootBeer -- I think this one will work, I have it ordered I'll post when I get it

I'm having trouble with my Toyota Metra harness the package/wires are mislabeled. The package says the Illumination wire is Orange, and the dimmer wire Orange/White. Of course there is no Orange wire on the actual harness. There is an Orange/White wire on the main harness that has Dimmer printed on it, and an Orange/Black wire on the rear speaker harness that has Dimmer Ground printed on it, and that's it.

Anyone know off hand if the Orange/White wire on the Metra harness labeled Dimmer is actually the one I connect to the Pioneer harness? From what I can find it seems to be the case (not totally clear), but want to be sure before I hook up the wrong cable.

post-78516-0-02646500-1365345028_thumb.jpg

post-78516-0-02671500-1365345033_thumb.jpg

Another install question -- the x8500 AUX port says it is 4 pole and will take video. I wanted to put a flush port on my dash, and had originally ordered this one, but that is just audio. Has anyone seen a 4 pole extension that would work for this? Maybe this one? Doesn't say video but I don't think that matters? Still would need to figure out how to flush mount it...

Hi again, sorry for the week delay, I had to order a pair of factory brackets for my Toyota Celica.

Just got it installed today. I connected my iPhone 5 using only the included male/female USB cable and a Lightning to USB cable that I bought. I can navigate the songs/albums/genres fine just like I could on my previous Pioneer touchscreen stereo. I haven't tried to use the AppRadio mode since it's been said that the firmware patch isn't out yet. I did have the installer plug in a HDMI cable and I've purchased the Lightning to HDMI adapter.

Have you tried the iTunes tagging? I don't have mine installed yet. The manual doesn't list the i5 in the list of devices that it works with, but it also doesn't say you can just plug the i5 into the USB port and use the ipod controls so I'm hoping it does.

Had this installed by a local shop yesterday, along with the XA-R800C Sony backup camera and everything seems to be working fine except the parking brake bypass that I purchased on ebay.  That and there's a constant static sound that I need alleviating by the shop as soon as I have some time to drop by. 

Don't have my android phone yet to test appradio mode with (waiting for the preordered HTC One to be released this month).  Find it strange that there's a mini-hdmi cable sticking out of my dash, which I'm guessing is part of the Pioneer CD-AH200C android kit.  Are there any phones that still use mini-usb instead of micro-usb?  My girlfriend's Samsung galaxy phone is micro-usb. 

the AVH-X8500BHS does app radio out the box no update needed just set App connection to digital

someone should do a walk thro on how to change that setting, took me forever to get it in digital,and I'm still not sure how I did it

part I wasn't to happy with was hooking up 3 cords and having the bulky apple adapter plug in the phone

takes HDMI cord, USB cord that comes with radio, USB cord that comes with iphone 5 and the HDMI adapter

lot of cords since the radio controls the phone with blue tooth

Almost forgot... hook up the usb cord to usb1 on back of radio

part I wasn't to happy with was hooking up 3 cords and having the bulky apple adapter plug in the phone

takes HDMI cord, USB cord that comes with radio, USB cord that comes with iphone 5 and the HDMI adapter

lot of cords since the radio controls the phone with blue tooth

Almost forgot... hook up the usb cord to usb1 on back of radio

That last part is important, only USB Port 1 (the bottom one) can apply a firmware update. I bought an extra blue USB cable to hook in there and put the included black cable into the top slot for USB thumb drives. Thanks for the tip Jason about setting the App connection to Digital, I'll try that today.

the AVH-X8500BHS does app radio out the box no update needed just set App connection to digitalsomeone should do a walk thro on how to change that setting, took me forever to get it in digital,and I'm still not sure how I did it

That's where I am stuck. I hit the button to switch to digital and it just shows me the screen that says to turn off Bluetooth, disconnect the device, etc. yet when I follow the steps nothing works...

i finally got the button to work that lets me switch to digital AV.

Now i have a new issue, when i plug in my iphone 5 it launches the appradio app and then all it does is mirrors my phone. i am not seeing any appradio functionality and nothing   on the head unit touch screen does anything.

has anyone gotten an iphone 5 to work with appradio functions?