AVIC411.com

X930BT runs alternative navigation

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi There:

I am having trouble installing Pioneerus. I did the original first install and forward the did file for the license. I got the license. I tinstalled the license but I only have the directory of Pioneer with only the license inside the directory and nothing else.

Ralphharn: Can you give me step by step how to finish installing the licensed Pioneerus. I got an error message so I had to reinstall Prg0 and Prog1 to get it operating again. I did get directions from Sanik but it seems like it is a little vague on installing the program.

Thanks

Jimbo

Still don't have it working. I ended up reintalling my Prg0 and Prg1. If i can get step by step in order to install Pioneerus that would be great.

Jimbo

If you've replaced PRG0 and PRG1 you need reinstall Pioneerus (keep license file - it works).

Than you'll need working copy of IGO or other navi software that works under Win CE5. Copy it's contain to the Pioneerus folder on your SD card. then Rename igo.exe to alien-navi.exe. Make sure you have your pioneer.lic file in this folder as well.

Here is what i did. I got the license and installed in in the Pioneerus directory on the Unit. Then I copied IGO 8 files into the Pioneerus folder including the license and maps. Still nothing comes up when  I press the next track key that is supose to bring up the menu for Pioneerus.  nothing shows up. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Jimbo

I got the license and installed in in the Pioneerus directory on the Unit.

Pioneerus directory should be on SD card

Then I copied IGO 8 files into the Pioneerus folder including the license and maps.

IGO.exe should be renamed to alien-navi.exe

Still nothing comes up when  I press the next track key that is supose to bring up the menu for Pioneerus.  nothing shows up.

You need to press "HOME" then "Destination" icon on the screen then Next track or center of volume knob (for 920-930-940). Then you should see grey screen with message button, press button and it should start alternative software. if it is not happen - ask developer again.

So are you saying that I need to have the sd disk with Pioneerus folder and contents in order to run it?

I did get to the grey screen with russian language on it but it did not start up. I will copy Pioneer dirtory on sd disk to see if it will start up.

I will let you know what happens.

Jimbo

So are you saying that I need to have the sd disk with Pioneerus folder and contents in order to run it?

I did get to the grey screen with russian language on it but it did not start up. I will copy Pioneer dirtory on sd disk to see if it will start up.

I will let you know what happens.

Jimbo

Any support for English or other languages besides Russian? What is the license for and where do you get it? What does it cost? I understand that this is still in it's infancy, but why is this whole thing so mysteriously tight-lipped?

I finally got it working. I added the english files to both Voices and Lang folders under content. The license is $50 and you pay via PayPal. You need to PM Sanik to order the license and then he will send you the links to download Pioneerus and also IGO8.3 which as the content folder you need to install under the Pioneerus folder. You will also have to add the maps also under the Content folder. Since I just got it working, I will know tomorrow if the maps works. I may need to find the right maps to make it work.

Thanks

Jimbo

Any support for English or other languages besides Russian? What is the license for and where do you get it? What does it cost? I understand that this is still in it's infancy, but why is this whole thing so mysteriously tight-lipped?

Exactly why I am passing. Seems like free and donations is a better plan

RonS, Pioneerus have only one button with russian text at this time. And full English manual.

License is a file pioneerus.lic, generated for one device by internal serial number.

I'm not forcing anyone to buy my program. I developed it for six months. And I think that price is absolutely normal.I do not sell Igo or other navigation software. I sell only their program, which allows you to use other navigation software on the Pioneer AVIC 920-930-940.

Curious, what does RoHS ( Restriction on use of Hazardous Substances) have to do with software? Is that a typo or Is there some usability/safety requirement for RoHS?

Another question. How will running Igo NAV software affect the traffic reporting (assuming the traffic tuner is installed). There is a stand-alone "Traffic Alerts" applet/shortcut which lists all the nearby problems, but it has links back to the maps so you can see exactly where the incident is located. Would that work with Igo? Or would it fire-up the built-in NAV? If so, you'd have two nav apps running.