AVIC411.com

X950BH By Pass Not Working?

Well I have been experimenting with the mute wire/bypass as per the instructions and have noted:

- With the wire moved to the pin across from it and grounded the bypass does not seem to work. I thought it might be the connector was loose so I got another Pioneer connector, cut off the end where the mute wire is so the pins are free and plugged in the connector directly to the pin and grounded it. The connection was tight and as soon as I got moving the error message came up and the video switched off? If I un grounded it the same thing happened so that makes me think the unit has internal sensors?

I tried with and without the VSS wire grounded and the videos acted the same and with no VSS signal I got the message on the GPS screen about inaccurate speed readings.........

So my question is: is there a way to bypass the speed so my Bulldogs can watch my ZZ Top videos when we go tooling around? Maybe a different pin or something?

We already have a thread devoted to this issue in the Hacks and Mods section. Get ready for a lot of "if it prompts you, and greys out, then you dont have a good connection" comments. http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/36184-avic-x850bt-bypass/

I have experienced the same issue you are having and I KNOW that I have it and the parking brake grounded. If you go to the home screen and hit your about button, you can then verify your parking brake is grounded as well under one of the screens there.

Once both are connected you will get a prompt stating "the parking brake wire is incorrectly installed" ONE TIME, after that it should not come back. If you ever disconnect and reconnect your unit though, it will come back, once. 

Even after verifying both connections, once I start moving it will stop video playback and many of the controls for other functions will grey out.

I ordered a relay off of Amazon for the x50 series hoping it would help, I have yet to have the time to install it.

If you find out it is another pin other than the one next to the mute, let us know.

Well it is working now thankfully. I tried several pin connections and the one mentioned above worked. I initially moved the connector DOWN a level and that did not work. I also tried moving to the other pins and then saw this one and moved one to the left and that fixed the video cut off issue. I was leery of this one but one of the posters said it worked for him so I tried it. If all the "X" series have the same pin outs then we are okay.

Maybe one of the moderators can update the post/sticky title to list the various models it covers which would help in searching?

Not working

Well it is working now thankfully. I tried several pin connections and the one mentioned above worked. I initially moved the connector DOWN a level and that did not work. I also tried moving to the other pins and then saw this one and moved one to the left and that fixed the video cut off issue. I was leery of this one but one of the posters said it worked for him so I tried it. If all the "X" series have the same pin outs then we are okay.

Maybe one of the moderators can update the post/sticky title to list the various models it covers which would help in searching?

Not working

The reason the top 2 links do not work for these units is that they are already clearly labeled for other models.  The first link is for the "F" series.  You have the "X" series. 

There really shouldn't be a reason for the mods to change anything.  Simple reading gives you the answer.