AVIC411.com

Navfree on appradio 2 problem.

I just picked up a lightning av adapter to connect my iPhone 5 to my appradio.

The 1st app I tried was navfree. Does anybody use this with an iPhone 5 and appradio 2? I can't get it to work. The app opens but does not fill the screen on the head unit and the maps don't show when I try to use the app. Does anyone else have this problem?

Also browsing photos that are stored on the phone is pretty sluggish. Is this normal?

I got it from the app store. I have the most up to date firmware.

Waze works fine and so does car media player. It is just navfree that doesn't display properly. I have noticed the touchscreen works as if the app is filling the screen but the picture itself is about the half the size it should be and also not centered.

Does it work on your unit?

Start reseting, rebooting devices and reinstalling apps until it works. Also make sure you have the latest versions of all involved apps. And yes it does work on my unit.

I have tried everything and still cannot get it to work. Are you using an iPhone 5 or a 4/4s?

I just picked up a lightning av adapter to connect my iPhone 5 to my appradio.

The 1st app I tried was navfree. Does anybody use this with an iPhone 5 and appradio 2? I can't get it to work. The app opens but does not fill the screen on the head unit and the maps don't show when I try to use the app. Does anyone else have this problem?

Also browsing photos that are stored on the phone is pretty sluggish. Is this normal?

Hey mate,

Same here on my i5. I believe NavFree is not yet compatible with the i5 resolution. Use Waze instead, that's totally compatible.

And yeah the sluggish photo viewing is due to the Bluetooth being used for touch controls, so there is a lag unfortunately

Just be to be clear on my i5 navfree works fine on its own. It's only when connected to the appradio that I have problems. It is as if the video out over the hdmi is the wrong resolution. Is this what you are experiencing?

Does this currently work properly for anybody?