AVIC411.com

Hi there,

I have recently installed a DA 110 appradio3 in my car, everything was great until last week when I was using Navfree and waze, it starts off full screen then shrinks down so there is a black border about a cm thick around the whole picture??

It also asks me to allow appradio to connect to my iphone 5 after each call?

Shrinking picture also happens when playing netflix etc!???

Anyone got a fix or had the same issue?

Cheers,

Justin

Same issue for me (IP4S on iOS7 with SPH-DA100). 

I used to occasionally get this with earlier iOS versions. I posted here about it and somebody said it might be correlated to receiving emails. I have noticed the screen shrink right after receiving an email, but I believe that the shrinking is more random than that. The weird thing is that this weird behavior would stabilize over time, so I never really cared too much.

But now it happens pretty much every time I use App Mode on iOS7. This time around it's much more annoying to me. 

Does anybody know how to report bugs to Pioneer? They sure do make it difficult. 

This is an issue with the OS. Any display has to deal with overscan(displays cutting off the edges of the signal. It's an old tv analog signal problem that has lingered). For whatever reason apple doesn't let you  control overscan protection on iPhones and iPads while they do let you do it with the apple tv. iDevices default to overscan protection on. The problem here is that Pioneer doesn't use overscan on their display. Again, ancient tech leftovers. Why use it? So they put in their APIs code to tell appradio apps that they need to block overscan protection when sending to appradio. This used to work... until iOS 7. Whenever an app shrinks the HDMI adaptor has deemed overscan protection necessary for the video source, overriding the Pioneer request to not overscan to compensate for Apple's silliness, and it shrinks the signal to compensate. 

Apple needs to let us turn this ancient protection system off. That would solve all problems. 

Hey guys,

Had the same issue. This may or may not solve it. But I havent had the shrinking in over a week (and it was doing it everyday for me) All I did was while the phone was connected to the Appradio I went to Settings-General-TV Out and switched "Widescreen" off. It seems even when switched off the unit displays the video in the proper aspect ratio but the overscan issue doesn't occur. 

**UPDATE** Nope still fucking does it. Just was lucky during my drives I suppose.

Hey guys,

Had the same issue. This may or may not solve it. But I havent had the shrinking in over a week (and it was doing it everyday for me) All I did was while the phone was connected to the Appradio I went to Settings-General-TV Out and switched "Widescreen" off. It seems even when switched off the unit displays the video in the proper aspect ratio but the overscan issue doesn't occur.

**UPDATE** Nope still fucking does it. Just was lucky during my drives I suppose.

And this is not even an option in iOS7 that I can find.

• 2 months later...

I installed iOS7.1 beta 4 on both iPhone 4 and 5 and the great thing is that the shrinking no longer occurs on either phone!

Can someone else confirm?

Yup, I can confirm this. Well, it does actually shrink for me when using car media player but then goes back to full size almost instantaneously. Happy days!

• 2 weeks later...