AVIC411.com

GraceNote update from the Pioneer website.

Just as an FYI for newbys (like me) getting their stuff up and running, I had a couple failures trying to do the GRACENOTE update after downloading it from the net.

My experience was that it would update to about 23% and then die from an error. Of course, I panicked thinking it would corrupt the database, but it didn't. :oops:

Anyway, it turns out, at least for my unit, it didn't like the HP CD-RW or another off brand I tried. I bought some new Memorex CD-R's and copied the same downloaded files using Sonic to burn them onto the disk, and it worked fine. Took about 20-30 mons to update the whole db.

p.s.

My unit was just purchased in Jan 07 and it needed the update.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does the gracenote update do? :?:

Actually the Gracenote update is one that updates your Z1 and removes all the motion locks put in place. You can drive and watch video without doing any bypass hacks and splicing wires. The only downside is, this update is still beta, and if you read other posts here, the update beta has actually screwed up like 80% of the people's Z1s where they had to send it in for service (for free of course since Pioneer messed it up),

Be careful! :twisted:

The only downside is, this update is still beta, and if you read other posts here, the update beta has actually screwed up like 80% of the people's Z1s where they had to send it in for service (for free of course since Pioneer messed it up)

Did I just miss this? I didn't see anything on this and I thought I spent way too much time on this site.

But you dont have a Z1 yet? Why not upgrade?

My truck is only din and a half, not double din. Its also about ten years old, so instead of the time, effort, and money in modifying the dash opening, Im holding out till I get a new truck by the end of the year. I would probably opt for the D3 instead though. No need for a harddrive and such. I connect my external Avox 129GB harddrive to the N3 (or will be D3) to watch my movies :)

But you dont have a Z1 yet? Why not upgrade?

My truck is only din and a half, not double din. Its also about ten years old, so instead of the time, effort, and money in modifying the dash opening, Im holding out till I get a new truck by the end of the year. I would probably opt for the D3 instead though. No need for a harddrive and such. I connect my external Avox 129GB harddrive to the N3 (or will be D3) to watch my movies :)

Umm it is a double din opening. there is a dash kit availible for sliding a double din into that dash without cutting into the dash at all. By the way does the gracenote update work on a d1. I want to be able to watch movies while driving.

Umm it is a double din opening. there is a dash kit availible for sliding a double din into that dash without cutting into the dash at all. By the way does the gracenote update work on a d1. I want to be able to watch movies while driving.

How does this actually work? It changes the opening to a double din?