AVIC411.com

GraceNote update from the Pioneer website.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Actually the Gracenote update is one that updates your Z1 and removes all the motion locks put in place. You can drive and watch video without doing any bypass hacks and splicing wires.

Thank you for everyone's posts about Z1 installation. Even as a newbee, I successfully installed an April 2006 Z1 and couldn't have done it without the expert guidance of everyone posting on this site. I was going to update the Gracenote CDDB using the current download on the Pioneer website [Version number: 07-01-0010, Date released: December, 2006], but was afraid it might have the same effect on the "light flashing" bypass that currently works like a charm. PaisanNYC says that the update actually removes all the motion locks, which seems contrary to what everyone says about other upgrades like Bluetooth. Has anyone performed the December 2006 Gracenote upgrade and had any problems with their bypasses?

{I haven't bought DucatiBoy's bypass yet because the light flashing lets me choose when to bypass. If I should get pulled over, I can turn off the ignition and reset and not have to worry about explaining why I was watching a movie!!]

Thanks again for everyone's generosity and assistance in posting on this board. Jayhawkone

{I haven't bought DucatiBoy's bypass yet because the light flashing lets me choose when to bypass. If I should get pulled over, I can turn off the ignition and reset and not have to worry about explaining why I was watching a movie!!]

Just an FYI, if you have an automatic, and you don't use the parking brake, you can hook that up to the Z1, and when you apply the parking brake it will cancel the bypass till you turn the vehicle off and restart it with the parking brake off. That way the unit is bypassed automatically and if you enter that situation a quick press of the parking brake will disable the bypass till you start up the vehicle without the parking brake applied. If what you do works for you, more power to you, but it's something easier to do if you wish.