AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 New Accessories.

The only one I know of thats out is the new iPod cable, CD-I200.

However, I believe there will also be a new Bluetooth Receiver? Is that true? When will it be out?

Is the Sirius Tuner (SIR-PNR2) the best to get or is there another one coming out soon?

Any other new accessories or upgrades? Post em up! :D

Is the Sirius Tuner (SIR-PNR2) the best to get or is there another one coming out soon?

No. The best is the Pioneer GEX-P10XMT. But remember "best" is only a matter of opinion :)

Any other new accessories or upgrades? Post em up! :D

ND-BC2, brand new backup camera.

And that USB-IPBus thingy too. These two have been discussed in other threads.

Im aware, just thought that it would be a good idea to get all the accessories and info in to one thread. So folks dont go and buy the previous versions, like I almost did yesterday.

And no need to me a smartass, I've been on Pioneer's website. And the Bluetooth accessory listed is actually the old model, apparently there is a newer version being released. Hence this thread.

Unless you have some useful information to post, please resist the urge to be a douche. :D Thank you.

Im aware, just thought that it would be a good idea to get all the accessories and info in to one thread. So folks dont go and buy the previous versions, like I almost did yesterday.

And no need to me a smartass, I've been on Pioneer's website. And the Bluetooth accessory listed is actually the old model, apparently there is a newer version being released. Hence this thread.

Unless you have some useful information to post, please resist the urge to be a douche. :D Thank you.

Did someone call??!?!?! Also before you call XM a douche, look at how much he has contributed to the forum and compare it to yours, COOCHO!

Before I contribute to the original subject of the thread I am going to chime in about the quoted text... Although I'm not 100% positive I think NOIRtist was referring to madmanfrommars with this post, since he was pointing out an obvious source that has really no useful information about upcoming accessories for the D3. Actually I don't think NOIRtist should take offense to that post as I think that madman meant no harm with his post and was trying to point into a general (but unuseful in this case) direction.

Anyway, about the accessories... didn't hear anything about a new backup camera, but the BTB200 bluetooth is definitely on the way. The most logical upgrade with the new BTB200 is going to be support for newer BT profiles including A2DB, which will allow you to stream music from an bluetooth enabled audio source (windows mobile device, zune, etc.) to stream music to your stereo. There may be some additional features as well. Then I'm sure they're going to improve connection quality and support more devices, as I've heard in the past some users have complained about dropoffs or lack of support in previous adapters. It seems that with every new unit Pioneer releases they are getting much better with knocking out common issues, so improvement in this area is likely. Someone told me May in another thread, which is in line with what whtcrxghst was saying.

Haven't heard anything about any sirius or xm receivers that aren't out already, but I wouldn't be surprised if pioneer develops a xm sirius hybrid receiver in the near future since there's already talks about new devices coming that are capable of doing both.

didn't hear anything about a new backup camera,

The ND-BC2 is actually out for sale right now. MSRP is $250, but places on eBay got it listed for around $175.

Haven't heard anything about any sirius or xm receivers that aren't out already, but I wouldn't be surprised if pioneer develops a xm sirius hybrid receiver in the near future since there's already talks about new devices coming that are capable of doing both.

I highly doubt Pioneer will be releasing any new receivers, for the AVIC or otherwise, for satellite rumor based on the pending merger. Nothing has been hammered out as to which frequencies to use, will they use both frequencies and have dual tuner chips in new devices (this last option would make portable satellite radios like the Pioneer Inno and Sirius Stilletto HUGE!)