AVIC411.com

Denali 2007 install goes way wrong

Well this did not go as planned.

I bought a 2007 Denali. Replaced all the speakers, headunit, wiring harness, took out the headunit and put the following in the car

RPTCARSYS-5,

PIOSIRPNR2 Sirius

PIOCDBI100 Blue tooth

PIONDBC1 Pioneer Navigation

PIONDBT1 Pioneer Monitors

MTR993301 Metra Electronics Wiring Harness / Kits PIOAVICZ1 Pioneer Navigation

Ducati's bypass

Here is a list of issues:

1) The only time the center screen comes on is when 1) I'm parked 2) I hit the brakes when I'm moving. Also getting a "parking brake error"

2) Sirius radio unit installed, Sirius activated, all channels show threw the headunit, no songs playing thru headunit. If I change to DVD, i can hear that. I can hear fuzz on AM radio, but no sound when clicking on any Sirius stations.

3) No turn signal, backup sensors, door chimes etc... (should the headunit been removed? or kept in the car hidden behind the Z1?)

4) Wining sound all the time..sounds like engine noise and gets worse as you accelerate

5) Told DEQ-P8000, AXM-P8000 aren't compatible, can't control each other?? So they had to uninstall it. Only could get stadium and other effects like that, no 5.1

6) Can't get local radio stations

7) Composite out to rear display fuzzy on Mirror mode mostly and somewhat on DVD's

8) The headunit is not square sitting/flat, the right side dips inward

:evil::evil:

Well this did not go as planned.

1) The only time the center screen comes on is when 1) I'm parked 2) I hit the brakes when I'm moving. Also getting a "parking brake error"

Sounds like either the bypass ain't hooked up right, or you have not done the correct bypass. What's the manufacture date on the z

2) Sirius radio unit installed, Sirius activated, all channels show threw the headunit, no songs playing thru headunit. If I change to DVD, i can hear that. I can hear fuzz on AM radio, but no sound when clicking on any Sirius stations.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you've got the ipbus cable plugged into the wrong port on the sirius tuner. Move it to the other one and it should work fine.

3) No turn signal, backup sensors, door chimes etc... (should the headunit been removed? or kept in the car hidden behind the Z1?)

You need a lanbus interface to retain all that stuff. Part number escapes me at the moment though.

4) Wining sound all the time..sounds like engine noise and gets worse as you accelerate

Bad ground probably

5) Told DEQ-P8000, AXM-P8000 aren't compatible, can't control each other?? So they had to uninstall it. Only could get stadium and other effects like that, no 5.1

That's strange I was under the impression that the axm controlled the deq. I'll have to check that out.

6) Can't get local radio stations

Power antenna lead hooked up?

7) Composite out to rear display fuzzy on Mirror mode mostly and somewhat on DVD's

Nature of the beast, the menus of the z suck on composite because they're a weird resolution. DVD menus same deal.

8) The headunit is not square sitting/flat, the right side dips inward

Right side bracket just needs to be moved. If i remember correctly the part number you listed for the kit is not the right kit for an 07 anyway.

At any rate the right parts would eliminate a few of your problems. By the way found the interface.

Non amplified

http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?requ ... eferrer=1&

Amplified

http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?requ ... eferrer=1&

Who did the install for you? Here's something I came across when installing it in my 2007 Avalanche. I got instructions on how to do it from a local shop that printed me out step by step instructions. There is a disclaimer on the first page that says "NOTE: All Denali Vehicles must be programmed by a local GMC Dealer for audio. Without programming, there will be no sound." So Im not sure if thats your problem, but sounds like it.

Spent 5 hours yesterday working on various issues. Installed the blue tooth update and reset the headunit. ***Now, the bypass is working which is a surprise since the opposite should have happened. No parking break error any more. Its a June 2006 unit.

I will let the installers work on the Sirius and the rest.

I did try to get my Sprint Palm wx running Windows Mobile 5 with the Z1. Got everything working but won't transfer any of the phonebook. I go into the menu for the transfer and I dial a number from my phone but it won't retain it. I can manually type them in, but I have 300 contacts!