AVIC411.com

Z1 Installed in F150 (Review and Help Needed for PAC SWI-PS)

[quote name="ImolaVirus"] [quote name="F150 Duke"]

QUESTION #2: I wired the speed sensitive volume wire for the F150. How do I turn this feature on, on the headunit?
[/quote]

The vehicle speed wire (VSS) is not for that feature. That's not something that the Z1 does. The VSS sends a signal to the computer in the Z1 so that it knows how fast the car is going in real time, not just off of the relatively slow sampling rate from the satellites. This allows the unit to navigate using the 3D mode, giving it all of the inputs that it can have, thereby making it as accurate as possible.[/quote]

bummer, I really liked that feature on my old HU. I find myself constantly adjusting the volume from idle at a light to highway speeds.

Duke
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

F150...I don't know if you ever figured out where your SWI plugs into, but it goes into one of the harnesses that has RCA connectors to it. On my Aviator, it was the only connection I used in that entire harness if I recall. The one you are looking for has a pigtail that matches the plug to the SWI and is labeled Wired Remote if I recall. Whatever it's labeled, it was self explanatory.
Thanks for the info. I have been waiting to do this and was going to wait till I could get a hold of the BT adapter but these things seem like they'll never be in stock. I might go ahead and do it because I'm having major issues with the stock sub.

For some reason I'm getting static across the sub when the radio is off and on. It's sporadic and then some times the sub won't do anything then others it's fine. I think it has something to do with the resistor I put it to stop the thump on startup.

I'm going to put a better setup in there to stop the thump based on Ducati's advice. We'll see if that helps the weird sub problems too.

I'd like to find someone to sell me the BT so I can do it all at once.

Duke
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey Guys,

So I'm trying to fix this all right now.

I don't have anything that says "Wired Remote".

I do have something that says "System Remote Control" and it's a blue wire.

However, I was told earlier to cut that wire and put the 5V regulator thing in. Then the regulator connects to the harness that connects to the stock harness. I can't for the life of me find anything that says "Wired Remote" or has a brown connector for that matter coming off the Z1 wiring harness.

I'm really lost.

Duke
one of the harnesses that plugs into the back of the Z1 has a mini jack connector on it. This is the wired remote connector. I believe its on the harness that has the preamp RCA jacks on it. Its there for sure because I just finidhed putting one in my truck :)

Its not on the harness that has the speaker wires.. you have a second harness with the preamp connectors on it.. this is where you will find it.
  • 2 weeks later...