AVIC411.com

Another D3 Owner

It does Nav and Aux at the same time, or ipod. I was reading my manual and noticed that plug on the front of the deck accepts video as well as audio. Cool for users of other devices besides ipod--Saves you running a cable to the A/V input. I use an ipod so I don't think I will ever use it but who knows. Now I just need to put some more movies on my ipod

I don't think I would ever switch out the NAV, except to watch a DVD. If it can support NAV + Aux source such as IPOD or USB (with the additional add on) then I think that would be enough.

Alot of people are not happy with the D3 because of the single slot, but I think it will work fine but I'd like to hear from the actual users.

You guys out there? All 3 of you.

I am planning to get either the 6 or 12-disk changer to go with the D3...

At full retail of $1000 for the D3 and $180 for the 12-disk changer, I am still WAY ahead of the Z1/2 price...

This forum is great,

Mark

are you getting one from pioneer or an aftermarket company?

Guest THE OP
It does Nav and Aux at the same time, or ipod. I was reading my manual and noticed that plug on the front of the deck accepts video as well as audio. Cool for users of other devices besides ipod--Saves you running a cable to the A/V input. I use an ipod so I don't think I will ever use it but who knows. Now I just need to put some more movies on my ipod

I don't think I would ever switch out the NAV, except to watch a DVD. If it can support NAV + Aux source such as IPOD or USB (with the additional add on) then I think that would be enough.

Alot of people are not happy with the D3 because of the single slot, but I think it will work fine but I'd like to hear from the actual users.

You guys out there? All 3 of you.

I would be curious to see how the quality of the video on IPOD is. Please let us know if you get it hooked up.

Does anyone have the USB device hooked up. If so, how well does that work?

hey i got a question. i really like how the z1 can recognize commonly travelled routes and start using them as the ones that you take

will the d3 be able to learn as well? i know it uses the map discs, does that mean it won't have this capability?

how "good" is that feature anyways? i have read that a lot of users like it because the nav may guide them one way but it's a longer route so the z1 naturally picks up the more commonly driven route.

are all the nav specs the same from the z1 and the d3 or is the z1 still better?

I was planning on just getting either the 6 or 12 disk changer from Pioneer...

Is there a better third-party changer that is compatible with the Pioneer stuff???

Thanks,

Mark

No there isnt an after market cd changer that will work with pioneers stuff, and by that I mean that you wont be able to directly control it via the head unit. You could hook up any cd changer via RCA cables and use the aftermarket head unit to change it that way. The only thing I don't like about pioneers cd changers is their inability to play mp3s. They haev a dvd/cd changer that plays mp3s, but thats listed at 650 dollars!!!!!

hey i got a question. i really like how the z1 can recognize commonly travelled routes and start using them as the ones that you take

will the d3 be able to learn as well? i know it uses the map discs, does that mean it won't have this capability?

how "good" is that feature anyways? i have read that a lot of users like it because the nav may guide them one way but it's a longer route so the z1 naturally picks up the more commonly driven route.

are all the nav specs the same from the z1 and the d3 or is the z1 still better?

This probably won't be an issue, i've heard Z1 users having diseaster that the smart routing isn't working as good. But again im not 100% sure since i don't own that unit. Also, if you always travel to that route, why do you need the Nav system to point you where to go anyways?

The D3 will not learn because it is not hard drive based. Honestly, I don't think it worked that well on the Z1 anyway. Too early to tell if the Z2 will do it better.

The Z1/2 is still a better navi, thats why its so much more expensive. It has text to speech, routes quicker because of the harddrive, and the Z2 software will supposedly have exact mapping for many addresses and millions of POI (that means it will know exactly where they are, not just a guess by address #.)

I am installing over the weekend.

I have the bluetooth and the usb device. I bought a usb coupler form l-com, so that will be on the dash. Then all you have to do is stick a flash drive in, and should be good to play all music. It will come up as an external device, pioneer tech rep says it should function extremely well, as far as going through folders. I will let ya know.

Burn

Car is a lincoln Zephyr 06'