AVIC411.com

NEX Problem Thread

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not the solution Im referring to. Read the first few comments from this page.

I have done the initial connection. Then I deleted both from phone and nex(clear BT memory). Cycled power on both. Tried pairing from phone. Repeated same steps pairing from receiver. I then used the arrow refresh in connections list. I then tried to download "bluetooth auto connect" and repeated all steps above again. Is this what you are referring to vblue42? Did I misunderstand a previous post? Sometimes I think I'm doing what someone has explained, but I'm not actually doing it.

@Thebrain.sherwood: You hit it right on the nose.  I was (very literally) just writing this second in to mention that I got it resolved with help from Crutchfield.  Their suggestion was to hook the NEX's front to the car's rear, and tape back the other two sets.  Et voilà! The phone audio works perfectly.

This (sadly) didn't fix the hiss, but I couldn't work on it any later, so I'll have to worry about that in the future.

Thanks to everyone for your help!  Now I'm waiting patiently for the CarPlay update.

My month old Avic8000 Nex has started shutting down intermittently.The unit appears not to be powered. The only way to repower it is if I remove the electrical connector from the back of the radio, let it sit for an hour, hit the reset button and reinstall it.I then have to boot it it as a new install. Pioneer said the unit must be returned to them for three weeks and they'll have a look.....great! Yes...i believe it's wired correctly.

My month old Avic8000 Nex has started shutting down intermittently.The unit appears not to be powered. The only way to repower it is if I remove the electrical connector from the back of the radio, let it sit for an hour, hit the reset button and reinstall it.I then have to boot it it as a new install. Pioneer said the unit must be returned to them for three weeks and they'll have a look.....great! Yes...i believe it's wired correctly.

What type of truck?

I removed the 10 amp fuse from the back of the radio, reconnected electrical connector there is 12 volts at lower Fuse terminal & red and yellow power connections. After reinserting fuse unit still not responding....

After waiting an hour with everything disconnected I hit reset button, and reconnect electrical connector, Unit works

I have the 4000nex and if you have a ipod or iPad plugged into the USB ports the radio will not connect to my s5 via bluetooth audio, as soon as I disconnect the USB connection it connects and Pandora or aha work flawlessly ,, so stupid I keep my ipod in my glove box for a reason , now I have to constantly open the glove box and plug it in