AVIC411.com

USB 1 strictly for both Iphone as well as Ipod?

I was just trying to get a little more clarity on how to setup my 4000NEX before I purchase everything.  From what I understand USB1 is for iPhone and USB2 is for android.

What else can USB2 be used for?  I was probably going to have a 32sd card for slot and trying to figure out if I wanted to use USB2 for a HD or my old 80gb iPod.

Will my iPod even work on usb2?  

Basically what I'm wondering what each USB1 and USB2 will support?  Are they interchangeable with peripherals and vice versa?  

Thanks 

yes it will. either port id fine and any usb thumbdrive, ssd, not sure about hard drives. i think there is someone that has a harddrive installed.  will work on either one. but if you want to mirror stuff to the rear tv USB1 works with dual zone. as for SD cards 64gb max capacity and it has to be SDHC. And your ipod will work on usb 2

usb 1 is to be used for app radio for iphones. usb 2 for androids for app radio. also along with car play. it will work with usb 1. 

usb1: IPOD/IPHONE, USB STICK, SSD FLASH DRIVE. WILL WORK WITH DUAL ZONE ON USB 1

usb2: IPOD/IPHONE, ANDROID DEVICE, USB STICK, FLASH DRIVE, MAYBE A PORTABLE HDD.

SD CARD: 32GB MAX CAPACITY CLASS 4-10 SDHC (NOT SDXC WILL CORRUPT AND STOP READING AND WRITING AFTER A WHILE)

• 4 weeks later...

usb 1 is to be used for app radio for iphones. usb 2 for androids for app radio. also along with car play. it will work with usb 1. 

usb1: IPOD/IPHONE, USB STICK, SSD FLASH DRIVE. WILL WORK WITH DUAL ZONE ON USB 1

usb2: IPOD/IPHONE, ANDROID DEVICE, USB STICK, FLASH DRIVE, MAYBE A PORTABLE HDD.

SD CARD: 32GB MAX CAPACITY CLASS 4-10 SDHC (NOT SDXC WILL CORRUPT AND STOP READING AND WRITING AFTER A WHILE)

I use USB2 for App Radio on my iPhone. I think this isn't supposed to work, I guess, but it does.

I use USB2 for App Radio on my iPhone. I think this isn't supposed to work, I guess, but it does.

i never tried using usb2 for app radio, will try tomorrow, That will help when the kids are watching  movies on the rear screens. If i use usb2 for movies, i have to mirror the screen, usb2 does not show up on the rear options, everything else show up. i hope usb2 will work with carplay, so i can keep my ripped dvds on usb1. I am one of the guys that does use app radio, i know it is quirky sometime, but i use dash command with obd2 wifi, while movies are playing in the rear.

Gentlemen, ladies, let's not fall to childish banter. We made our choices on what we want to use and chose a radio that works with both.

Being anonymous jerks about how someone else chose to spend their money is uncalled for.

I agree!