AVIC411.com

Display Difference in Sirius XM Display

I noticed an unusual difference in the way the Sirius XM display shows station and channel information. I have attached two photos. In one example, the station and track information is shown in a white font, and the other it is light gray. Both have text to read, but the gray is much harder to read than the brighter white.

I have a pioneer AVIC-8000NEX and the Sirius XM unit is a SXV200.

Has anyone noticed this as well? My searching has not yet yielded an answer. No big deal, but I just need to know. :)

post-117990-0-51543000-1403061398_thumb.jpgpost-117990-0-82526600-1403061410_thumb.jpg

Yeah, white means you can tag. Generally on music stations it will be white when a song is playing. On non-music stations, like sports (like your example image), it will always be grey. It will also turn grey on music stations when ads or commentary is on. Also I believe this ties into the AutoStart and TuneScan features where it identifies and jumps to the start of songs, based on when the text changes.

I've noticed this too and it drives me nuts! I listen to Opie and Anthony all the time, sometimes it's dark grey and I can't even read it.. especially during the day.. when it's white it's perfect... I wish there was a way to turn that off.. it's damn annoying..