AVIC411.com

8000nex remote?

can anyone else verify that the SR100 will work with the 8000? 

I can't verify at present... but be aware that both the CD-SR100 and the PAC WRI-P seem to be required.

AFAIK, the 8000 does not have direct infrared-remote capability.

My installer told me that none of the pioneer receivers with navigation have wireless remote capability.

Does that include the non-NEX units also?

Anyway, if they don't, that's why you need the wireless IR remote to wired-remote interface.

• 4 weeks later...

I installed the PAC WRI-P on my 8000NEX.  It allows you to have basic functions using a Pioneer "card style" wireless remote (cdr-510 I think).  You get volume control, mute, next track, previous track (or radio station), each press of the source button cycles to the next available source.  I think the function button also does something but I can't remember off the top of my head.  It would be nice to be able to do a lot more with the remote but it's better then nothing.

• 4 months later...

As an update, today I installed the Pioneer CD-SR100 and the CD-PAC WRI-P for my AVIC 8000NEX, and all still seems to be working fine.  I had already installed the 1.08 firmware, along with the "bypass" mentioned in earlier posts (Note: The bypass still works without any problem at all - no reinstall, no rework).  Aside from the usual issues of routing the wiring, all of this went flawlessly.  Some, but not all, of the settings that I had set earlier on the AVIC 8000NEX remained as they were, and I did not have to reset a bunch of stuff in the menus (bluetooth for the iPhones remains as it was when you disconnected the battery, nor did I have to reinstall the "bypass"; however, I did have to reset the "warnings" for voice notification of speeding, etc.)  That said, there isn't all that much functionality of the remote that I can see; however - and this is significant to me -  it does provide some of the functionality that I wanted to achieve without reaching over to the screen (volume control, source switching, etc.).  So, considering the price of this upgrade (less than $70 with shipping), I'm OK with it.  It remains to bed seen as to whether I can accept something tacked onto my steering wheel.  We'll see.