AVIC411.com

Confirmed - cannot turn off repeat feature

I sent an email to Pioneer support asking if I can turn off the repeat feature - I cannot.  I am mystified and disappointed that this is so, but there it is.  Why would I want to listen to the same album over and over?  Oh well.

--------

Rocky@pioneer-usa.com

Jul 11 (1 day ago)

to pioneer 

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

I'm sorry, there is not an option to turn off the repeat.

I will forward your feedback to our product planners.

Rocky

Customer Service Representative

FirstName:John

LastName:Feinberg

Email:pioneer@johnfeinberg.com

Address:200 East End Ave Apt 8L

City:New York

State:NY

Zip:10128

Phone:9737835663

Inquiry Type:Features and Spec

Product Type : Car-Visual Audio

Model Number :AVIC-8000NEX

Inquiry:When playing an album from my iPhone (Lightning USB connection),

the repeat icon is always on.  I cannot turn it off - I can either repeat

the song or the album.  Is there a way to turn off the repeat option?  When

an album is finished playing I do not want to listen to the same album

again - I want the unit to simply stop playing.  This, usually, is the

standard behavior.

Thanks

Date Time:2014/07/01 17:52:45

Not sure it's "standard behaviour" for it to stop. My last 3 units (2x Kenwood, 1x Pioneer) all restarted an album when played from an iPod. If you look at the iPod it actually switches it into album repeat mode if it isn't on.

Repeating seems to be the standard, so I wasn't surprised the NEX units did the same.

Me personally would rather the music to continue playing instead of just stopping at the end of an album but that's just me. Why don't you select artist play mode instead of album, then you will hear more

• 3 months later...

I just bought and installed a 5000NEX yesterday in my, 1 week old, 2014 Frontier. My main (pretty much only) source for music is USB. I noticed yesterday that whatever album I am listening to it was repeating and not advancing to whatever album/artist is next. I assumed this was a setting I could turn off and would figure it out tomorrow when I had a whole day to figure out this new system. Well, tomorrow is here and I am out in the truck trying to figure it out. What I figure out is the only icon can't be turned off and I can't find any other setting to turn repeat folder/album off. Next option is to search the internet, found this thread and I am not happy......

This is absolutely idiotic and needs to be fixed immediately.... I had a AVIC-x850BT that would auto advance folders. Never would I have imagined "Repeat folder" would be the minimum default option in a 2014 Audio Nav unit.

This would have been a serious deal breaker had I known before hand. Now everything is installed and working, unit, steering wheel controls, backup camera, and it would be a serious hassle to undo this entire 4 hour install.

I understand the argument and I can see pros and cons for both sides.

The difficulty, as I see it, would be "how would the head unit know what to do next?"  

You (your brain) knows what you would want it to do but it seems like it would vary from album to album and situation to situation.  How would the head unit know you wanted to go from ALBUM A to ALBUM B alphabetically versus from ALBUM A to ALBUM B of the same artist versus the countless other scenarios there are likely to be.  It couldn't.

While I have not paid much attention to the behavior personally, it seems like it is common practice to either a) repeat the album again or B) stop altogether.

The x000 series offers a LOT of customization settings, and one of those settings should give you the choice of simply stopping at the end of an album, repeating the album, or playing the next album by the artist.  Or other things.  

I've noticed that when I select an album in Carplay, it stops when it's done and display's "STOP" on the screen.  Hallelujah!  I'm lukewarm on carplay for the most part, but I've been using just so that when an album is done it actually stops.

I understand the argument and I can see pros and cons for both sides.

The difficulty, as I see it, would be "how would the head unit know what to do next?"  

You (your brain) knows what you would want it to do but it seems like it would vary from album to album and situation to situation.  How would the head unit know you wanted to go from ALBUM A to ALBUM B alphabetically versus from ALBUM A to ALBUM B of the same artist versus the countless other scenarios there are likely to be.  It couldn't.

While I have not paid much attention to the behavior personally, it seems like it is common practice to either a) repeat the album again or B) stop altogether.

As I had stated before, "I had a AVIC-x850BT that would auto advance folders/artists." Even the stock stereo's that were in the vehicles would advance to the next album/artist, which ever depending on what was following.

It seems that the 5000NEX will advance to the next album of the current artist, example, I have 13 albums under Clutch, but, when it hits the last song on the last album (alphabetical albums, numerical songs) then it will repeat to the 1st album 1st song. I haven't tested it but you can set it to repeat the folder (artist) so I assume this is what it does. I want it to continue to the next artist.