AVIC411.com

9to5mac: "Mercedes-Benz & Volvo delay CarPlay support into 2015, Pioneer update still MIA"

It's a bit unfair that the article blames Pioneer for the delay. This rests on Apple's shoulders. After all the delays, I think there could be major issues with Carplay. 

Perhaps Apple was waiting to have as many companies be ready to launch at once. Since these statements are coming out now, maybe they are telling Apple to move ahead without them if they are not ready? 

It's a bit unfair that the article blames Pioneer for the delay. This rests on Apple's shoulders. After all the delays, I think there could be major issues with Carplay. 

Perhaps Apple was waiting to have as many companies be ready to launch at once. Since these statements are coming out now, maybe they are telling Apple to move ahead without them if they are not ready? 

I don't read the article as blaming Pioneer for the delay.  It says they stated it would be "weeks not months" then didn't deliver, but it doesn't state or even imply any reason for this miss.

I'm just saying that to what we have heard before it is not Pioneer that didn't "deliver". We have heard that the software was sent to Apple to approve and allow for distribution. Apple is the one holding this up at least as far as Pioneer goes.

I just plain don't care who's fault it is at this point. Carplay is obviously delayed period. No other time can I remember apple showing off demos to products that don't get into the consumers hands mere weeks later. You want to capitalize on the press coverage to maximize sales.

At this point carplay is the furthest thing from the regular public's mind.

http://m.computerworld.com/s/article/9250581/Carmakers_put_Apple_s_CarPlay_in_the_slow_lane?mm_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

This is another article about the carplay delay. An interesting note is that Computerworld got this tidbit of info.

"

In an email reply to Computerworld, a Volvo spokesman said the company will announce all details about its CarPlay plans at the world premiere of the new Volvo XC90, which will take place on Tuesday."

So come Tuesday we will see volvo's plan for carplay and maybe learn a little more about what is going on with the tech in general.