AVIC411.com

XM and Bluetooth Not Working with D3

I just completed installation of my D3. The radio, nav and iPod seem to work fine but the GEX-P10XMT and the BTB 100 do not work at all. Trying to activate them from the touchscreen has no effect. I have pushed the reset button on both.

I haven't yet pulled the D3 out of the dash to see if a cable became disconnected when I pushed it in but I have checked the cables on the 10XMT and BTB100 and they seem to be in order.

I am assuming these units get power from the IP bus as shown in the D3 install manual so have not powered these directly. Also, even though the D3 install manual says the IP-BUS cable is sold separately I am assuming I had the correct cables to do the hook up with what came with the components.

Any ideas before I pull the D3 back out of the dash would be appreciated.

Finally, when I turn the car off there is a loud pop from the speakers. GREX had the same issue when he installed a D2 in a Saab 9-5 (which is what I have). I am guessing that has something to do with simulataneously turning off the amp and the head unit.

Thanks,

Thanks, guys. I guess you don't hook up the accessory line on the XM if you have the IP Bus but do hook up power to both. The D3 manual sure doesn't show the power cables but that explains everything.

As far has the thump, I have the factory amp. It is Harmon Kardon Premier audio (The OEM headunit was Model AS3).

Thanks, again.