AVIC411.com

NEX bluetooth whine?

When i turn the volume up fairly high (like over half way) on my NEX4000 and i dont have any music playing i can hear a whining coming through the speakers.  Anyone else notice this?  It doesnt happen on any other source, and is a contant sound rather than a sound that changes with the engine reving.  It does, however kinda sound like ground interference.  It cant be though cuz the sound is only through BT, all other sources sound perfect.  

If you guys can confirm if this is normal or not that would be great!

When i turn the volume up fairly high (like over half way) on my NEX4000 and i dont have any music playing i can hear a whining coming through the speakers.  Anyone else notice this?  It doesnt happen on any other source, and is a contant sound rather than a sound that changes with the engine reving.  It does, however kinda sound like ground interference.  It cant be though cuz the sound is only through BT, all other sources sound perfect.  

If you guys can confirm if this is normal or not that would be great!

I am not experiencing any of the symptom you mention

• 7 months later...

I am having this issue as well on my 4100.  Only on bluetooth.  And sounds like a very high pitched electronics hum.  Does not change with engine rev.  I listen to a lot of podcasts and at first thought it was a recording issue on their end but then found out I hear the noise on whatever I listen to.  I can make it less noticeable by changing the eq setting.  Goes away as soon as I hit pause on the unit.  I do not hear it on other sources.  maybe it has to do with the sound enhancer.  I toggled it off and the noise got slightly louder.  But at level 2 I can still hear it.  

I experienced this one.  My phone is a Nexus 6, and it was not plugged in or charging at the time.  It only happened while using Pandora via BT. The sound was a little lower, and there was a high pitched whine when i turned up the volume.  It did not happen on HD radio (AM or FM).  It did not change pitch when accelerating.   Has not happened since.  Now it sounds louder and no whine.  Strange.