AVIC411.com

iOS8 Update issues...

Well... I'm having the same issue with the 6 Plus. So I wonder if it's a pioneer problem or an iOS 8 one. Sure would be nice if at least music and Bluetooth phone calls worked...

If anyone had any success making it reliable again I would love to hear about it.

I am having issues making a bluetooth phone call with my new iPhone 6. All else seems to work, but no audio through the NEX when making a call. Don't even get the "in call" screen. Texts work, address book populates, pairing is ok. I used the beta and GM release of iOS 8 with my old uPhone 5, so I am believing that there is some differnace between the older iPhones and the new 6's. Unless I am having a brain freeze and missing the obvious.

Can you make a call with the 6 plus through the NEX?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having issues making a bluetooth phone call with my new iPhone 6. All else seems to work, but no audio through the NEX when making a call. Don't even get the "in call" screen. Texts work, address book populates, pairing is ok. I used the beta and GM release of iOS 8 with my old uPhone 5, so I am believing that there is some differnace between the older iPhones and the new 6's. Unless I am having a brain freeze and missing the obvious.

BTW, I did do the usual stuff. Removed the older phone from bluetooth connection and did a Bluetooth clear.

Nope, at least not reliably.  I also had this cool this "feature" where the NEX starts dialing a number and the screen does show up but nothing is happening on the phone.  I've finally resorted to just turning on bluetooh on my phone.

Now playing music does seem to be working now.  Just concerned about the reliability.

On my new phone - I set it up on the main screen of the phone then did a restore and it came back as "Duane iPhone 4s" with everything on it.  So - if other folks are having no issues I guess the next step is to restore the phone as a new device and reload everything manually.  I would rather not do that unless I have to.

Nope, at least not reliably.  I also had this cool this "feature" where the NEX starts dialing a number and the screen does show up but nothing is happening on the phone.  I've finally resorted to just turning on bluetooh on my phone.

Now playing music does seem to be working now.  Just concerned about the reliability.

On my new phone - I set it up on the main screen of the phone then did a restore and it came back as "Duane iPhone 4s" with everything on it.  So - if other folks are having no issues I guess the next step is to restore the phone as a new device and reload everything manually.  I would rather not do that unless I have to.

That's is exactly what I had to do, and it worked for me. A pain, but it works.

I read in a BMW forum that you had to just do a "reset all settings" and it fixes the Bluetooth issue. This reset does not remove any data from your phone. I tried it and it worked for me! Nex8000 iPhone 6

Well so far this seems to be helping.  I did the Settings->General->Reset->Reset All Settings.  I was able to connect via bluetooth (phone) and make and receive calls.  I'll play with it more when I actually drive somewhere but so far it appears to be working as expected.   If it doesn't work or it starts acting flakey again I'll update this thread.

Duane...

Just a reminder, make sure the name of your phone doe NOT have any punctuation.  I.E.  "Jim's Phone"  should be "Jims phone" 

Hope this helps

Seriously? Pioneer can't figure out how to deal with an apostrophe? Lmao.  Every day that goes by I have less and less faith that Pioneer will be able to pull this off... 

Seriously? Pioneer can't figure out how to deal with an apostrophe? Lmao.  Every day that goes by I have less and less faith that Pioneer will be able to pull this off... 

THat is true with most of the units out there... my Kenwood 990HD did the same thing, apple and android don't get a long very well sometimes...

Not sure if I made the correct sacrifice to Cthulhu or not, but everything works fine for me. iPhone 5, iOS8. Bluetooth audio streaming: check. Hands free phone: check. Apps (eg: Waze): yep, it works.

I did do a wipe of my iphone before installing iOs 8 then restored from backup, maybe that helped.

Sorry guys & gals...

I installed 8.02 this AM on my 6+. Driving to work, my AppRadio, Waze, and DashCommander all loaded quickly on my phone BUT each one was slow to "connect to AV" and project on my 8000. I quit all my apps, restarted the phone and it still delays going to AV mode.

Since I was driving I decided against going through a systemic diagnostic, nor did I try any other apps than the three above (my commute apps). Maybe this weekend I will look into it.