AVIC411.com

Spotify and CarPlay

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spotify is working just fine for me now, after upgrading to IOS 8.1 and the latest Spotify app. Something strange I've noticed, though--if I try to change the music while music is playing, it doesn't work. But, if I press pause on whatever's playing and then choose a new station or song, it works perfectly.

Haven't upgraded to the new Pioneer firmware that was just released today (1.08), so hopefully it'll still keep working after I do.

Whoops--I spoke too soon. Spotify worked great yesterday (on IOS 8.1 and the newest version of the Spotify app), but today it's back to crashing constantly and not playing music at all. Still haven't installed the 1.08 firmware, so maybe that will fix it (again).

Whatever. I'm just using rdio which works great. Had to restart the app once so far, but even then it started working great right after that.

I like Spotify radio somewhat better than Rdio. It just seems to play a better variety of music, at least for my tastes. Also, for some reason, I feel like the sound quality on Spotify is better, even though I know they're both capable of 320 kbps.

Here are my thoughts after few days of using Spotify on Carplay and Appradio 

- Appradio mode:

Spotify is located in EC Touch app. I like the option of searching using keyboard. What I don't like is that it doesn't show song name on navi screen and doesn't allow me to use steering wheel controls.

There is a solution to use it via CarMediaPlay app. There is song name on navi screen and I can use SWC but the only search I can do is via iphone app... so pretty useless since normal BT mode has this. 

- Carplay mode:

Spotify seems to work quite nice but they removed search bar and now I can play only radios and music added to my playlist ecc. SIRI desn;t work too well in finding song.  She said that she can't find song on spotify while I'm i my car...

Song name is on navi screen. I can do search on iphone app.

The only advantage between BT mode and Carplay mode is that while in Carplay You can select radios or Your personal music much easier on Your HU screen.

Appradio seems totally useless. Even apps like Waze or Inrix open on iphone when I select them on Appradio screen. What is the reason of putting them on Appradio if they work only on iphone. Or maybe they still need some IOS8 update?

iOS updated to 8.1, Spotify is at 1.8.1.8 and my AVIC-F60DAB is at 1.07. So far Spotify seems to be more stable then before these updates. Sometimes before when I'd hit the play button in Spotify, the Music app whould start to play insted. This does not happen now. And when i navigated the playlists and touching a song in a playlist it whould enter it like a menu entry (showing an empty list instead of playing the song). That too is fixed (hopefully).