AVIC411.com

iOS 8.1 Carplay Issues

Having a few issues after updating to iOS 8.1

Album art looks noticeably darker and even harder to see. Instead of decreasing the veil, it has been darkened from the bottom up so what is seen is mostly the upper third of the album art. 

Contrast and Brightness seem to work in reverse when setting picture levels in Carplay, thus affecting the PQ of the rest of the unit.

Had a hard crash where Carplay completely froze the unit. The Carplay screen was stuck on the screen. Looked like an old video card going out of whack.

Spotify is still a no go. 

Bottom line is that 1.07 needs to be released sooner than later. 

Agreed!  We need an update. I'm getting quite tired of the issues.  

- Often locks up my phone and the head unit when first plugging in.  Have to restart the phone to get connected.

-  Randomly (more often than not) when reading new messages, Siri just repeats the last sent message.

- Randomly, Spotify will not play.  Screen just flashes the title, like it is attempting to play it, over and over without ever playing.  This is usually after skipping songs or after using Siri.

- Maps will just close randomly.

- Loud Pop when turning off the radio

- Spotify will not always resume and if it does, it's slow to resume.  Sometimes starts playing different playlists when a song finishes on the selected playlist.  May even start playing the iTunes playlists.

Wishing I could revert back from 1.06

I have had no issues with 8.1 yet. Spotify and Rdio all work great. Of course depending on my cell signal strength, they both could not load very fast or at all. Sitting in the Mcdonalds parking lot with their wi-fi, they both worked fantastic.

I also have no problems with phone calls being tinny like others are reporting. I think CarPlay is very good. I would have designed a few things differently to be more user friendly though.

And I would like to see Pioneer's software and CarPlay software a little more intertwined.

Now all I need is great map app for CarPlay, (TomTom, MotionX, or Google would be great).

Phil