AVIC411.com

z1 extras install

I would like to hear where people are installing teh extra modules like teh bluetooth and the satalitte recievers and the tv recievers. Also some pictures would be very helpful. I just ordered mine today so i hope to have it soon. By the way I have an 04 silverado. Any ideas on the best places for mounting these extras?
Thanks.
By the way. This forum is the best. I have gotten tons of good info from here, keep up the good work.
I did not realize that i was not signed in when i posted this question. :(
I think i was a little unclear. What i am interested in is knowing the location that people have mounted the accessories like sat tuners and tv tuners and bluetooth adapters. My unit shoudl be here soon and i cant wait to get it in but i like to have a clear plan on what i am going to do.
Also as a side question, what prices have you guys paid for installation?
Well, I just installed mine myself. But in my Lincoln Aviator there was a lot of room in the center console behind the climate controls. I didn't take any pictures of them specifically, but you can kind of make out the hole in the first 2 pictures here:

[url=http://www.sminnick.com/AviatorRadio/]http://www.sminnick.com/AviatorRadio/[/url]

I probably could put about 6 of those add-on's down there. There was so much wasted space under those exposed vents and behind the climate controls.
I installed the XM tuner underneath the passenger seat. The Bluetooth adapter is behind and below the radio itself. The Ipod adapter is installed under a center compartment between the front seats. I drilled a hole into the compartment for the wire and that's where I place my Ipod. I didn't take any pictures of my install either but I drive a Camry so they probably wouldn't be much help for a truck install anyways. I thought about installing the IP bus stuff in the trunk on my amp rack but decided not to because it's already pretty crowded back there.
I appreciate the input. I was just concerned about teh size of these things. I called a few installers, one said complete install $985.00. I asked how he could sleep at night!!! :shock: another said $$175.00 plus all the little things i need like teh gm adapter and antenna adapter and wire and so forth. I think if the second guy didnt misquote me ill let him do it and ill go fishin. lol If i do it ill make sure i take lots of before and after pics to post here.
None of the boxes are that big. I have a 96 Acura Integra, and there's tons of room on the right and left trunk panels. Everything is hidden behind the carpeted stock panels. Trucks like yours usually have tons of extra room behind the dash where you can mount things like Ipod adapters, bluetooth, etc. The rear wall of the cab behind the back seat is a great place to mount stuff. I used to carpet a piece of 3/8 plywood and mount all kinds of amps and signal processors in Ford trucks.

The hardest part of my install was getting the stupid head unit to go in the hole. It's so tight behind mine that I had to thread each wire through individually to get the clearance to push the unit all the way back.

If you're going exotic and installing new speakers, amps, tv tuner, XM, etc., $985 actually doesn't sound too bad. I'm not sure I would do it for $985. LOL I installed a really exotic Kenwood nav system in a Lincoln Navigator belonging to a friend of mine with multiple flip down screens, Xbox, tuner, amps, XM, etc., and it took me over 50 hours. That might give you some idea how much time some of this stuff takes.