AVIC411.com

Is there a SIMPLE way for custom background on D3?

I've read the custom background thread (over 10K views, amazing) and it seems like a lot of work. I remember reading somewhere where the D3 allows you to upload your own photos and it was suppsoed to be very simple.

Any one know how?

Also, what size to make them for the D3.

In the manual it tells you to create a folder "PICTURES" and store jpg pictures in the folder. It also says the size to make them like 2010 x1140 or something like that.

Then put the disc in go in NAVI menu settings, change background image button and there ya go, select upload and pic name.

Burn

Okay, not to totally get off topic here, but I am a college professor and I gave my class instructions to create a folder and name it a certain name...

I had a student who you could tell was just totally lost... I went over to help them and they told me that they did not know how to create a folder nor name it... :shock:

In today's day and age, in my opinion, it is completely unacceptable for a collage-aged person to not know how to create or name a folder on a computer...

I also had a different student not know what I meant by copy and paste a piece of text... But, that is a different sad but true story...

Ugh...

ok here we go

get a cd-r

on that disk creat a folder called "PICTURES"

put the .jpeg only pics that you want to use as background images in that folder.

has to be over 1.8meg (meaning atleast a few pics so disk is recoginized)

that is it follow other instructions, as mentioned above.

If you do not know how to create a folder or format a cd, or anything else use help on your computer.

It's very easy, you can change the boot screen, the AV menu background, and the NAV menu background. You burn a CD-R with the .jpg images you want and go to the options screen and pic the ones you want from the disc. Nothing special to do, they are just JPG's. My bootup screen says PIONEER with a hot chick in the middle.