AVIC411.com

Divx Format

Anywooo to get back in topic...

What i found out was the file has to be of course DivX format... not XviD, 3ivx, or any other mpeg-4 type format. I choose the Home Theatre encoding to convert my south park episode from XviD to DivX. Audio can only be either MP3 or AC3. Then i just burned it onto cd as if i was burning a mp3 cd/dvd...

Popped the disc in and it played fine.

CiD

Thanks CiD, appreciate the info. And I just wanted to apologize for adding into the flames. I have no problem with someone being a wise guy, but the guys that usually do actually have something constructive to add to the topic. Thats the difference between being funny and helpful or being a douche.

Mr. Ceddy, I downloaded a scene release (group was LOL i think) episode of Lost, 24, and Heroes onto a dvd-r off bittorrent, it was an xvid ac5.1 hdtv rip. Did NOT play in the d3, which was a little disappointing. Unit sees the files on the drive but errors out when you try to play them.

I believe this is the confirmation you needed.

Mr. Ceddy, I downloaded a scene release (group was LOL i think) episode of Lost, 24, and Heroes onto a dvd-r off bittorrent, it was an xvid ac5.1 hdtv rip. Did NOT play in the d3, which was a little disappointing. Unit sees the files on the drive but errors out when you try to play them.

Are you sure it didnt play because of the 5.1 AC3 audio? Xvid and Divx are both essentially MPEG-4, it has nothing to do with what companies make which. I'm getting my D3 today, I'll do a lot of testing then.

Are you sure it didnt play because of the 5.1 AC3 audio? Xvid and Divx are both essentially MPEG-4, it has nothing to do with what companies make which. I'm getting my D3 today, I'll do a lot of testing then.

xvid and dvix are different codecs (yes it does matter). You would need to convert them in order to play it.

DivX and Xvid is totally different codec, although they are both AVI, if u play video conversion long enough, you'll notice DivX provides better quality with moderate file size, whereas Xvid are highly compressed, not as good quality, but every small file size