AVIC411.com

Anti-theft feature

I was sitting around today thinking how cool it would be if the D3 had a feature like new cars that make you enter a code if the batt has been disconnected. Then I looked in my manual and found out that it does! I'm not sure if everyone here knows about this feature but I haven't heard anyone talk about it so I thought I'd let everyone know in case they didn't.

Dan

yes people know, but its the dumbest function in the world. You will still have a broken window, messed up dash, and one D3 short.

You're very right but at least they are stealing a locked up D3 and not one thats fully functional. They won't know this either until they try to power it up and by then they aren't around your vehicle to mess it up even more. Yeah it won't prevent the theft but kinda screws the theives in the long run.

Dan

Is it possible that everytime D3 turns on (or when you start your car), you have to put the password in to use it?

Just so that when I take my car for like oil change or maintainance, those service people don't play with it and listen to music on it. I hate when they do that!!!

Is it possible that everytime D3 turns on (or when you start your car), you have to put the password in to use it?

Just so that when I take my car for like oil change or maintainance, those service people don't play with it and listen to music on it. I hate when they do that!!!

I understand what you mean, but I cannot stand having to hit "OK" every time I start my car, let alone entering a number.

A nice feature would be a lock down feature. Where you press a button and it locks, then you need a code to unlock it. And get rid of that annoying "OK".