AVIC411.com

Ok, I had the dealer add an inline crimp to the + line of one of my wheel sensors.

The problem is when I took a meter to that line it was a constant voltage and the unit did not recognize a speed pulse?

What else do I have to do? This is becoming the hugest hassle trying to get a freakin speed pulse, about to give up and sell this unit.

Any help?

Burn

I had the dealer install, what am I supposed to read on a meter?

I am wondering if they put the inline clip on the power lead to the sensor instead of the line out of the sensor?

How accurate is the nav unit without? How long before it learns with just the gps?

ok, i will say it again, there is no true speed sense wire on the new platform ford/lincolns. and as the other guy said, pioneer units work fine 99% of the time without it anyway. its not like an alpine or eclipse that dont know what the hell they are doing without it. put it in learn mode and drive 10 miles, you'll be fine

without the vss wire i would say its very accurate and should be able to pick everything up within about 1000 feet, ive installed them in cars where we couldn't get a vss wire, its still very accurrate, the only tire you may have a problem is when you lose all gps signal for a long period of time such as traveling through a tunnel but as soon as you get out of the tunnel it picks up signal and your going again.

my wifes car is an 05 freestyle, which is very similar to your car, i bought a speed sensor from rostra precision control, they make aftermarket cruise control systems, two magnets on the front drive shaft, about 3/4" away from that i mounted the sensor, ground one wire the other to the nav unit, and it works perfectly.

• 9 months later...
Guest astrobill

I bought a Soundgate CANPULSE4 to make this work with my new 2008 Audi A4. Works well, except no AV "mode" control -- I have to use the AVIC's push-button to swtich among AV sources (e.g., radio, XM, etc.). About $200-300.

The guys on here say the PAC SWI-CAN + SWI-PS combination works better.

Not sure which CANPULSE you need for your car...here's links to the application guides online (although they send you newer ones when you GET the thing in the mail after ordering it):

http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?requ ... goryid=217

- BP