AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 & 06' Nissan Armada: INSTALLED

Hey all - I promised some pictures of my AVIC-D3 Installed and I'm happy to say that I've finally gotten the time to post them. Enjoy~!

Navigation really has impressed me. I've already used it much more than I ever thought I would. It's "off" by only maybe 5-10 feet at the most...and most of the time it's dead on.

The Sirius playback is excellent. I know it's not as fancy as XM is - but I'm sure that will change later this year once the Sirius and XM merge is complete.

I connected my wife's Video Ipod and let's just say that my Ipod is being delivered tomorrow...as I was very - very - very impressed with Ipod playback. So much so that I returned the Pioneer 12cd changer and also the Pioneer USB adapter (I was going to use an external Hard Drive) to Crutchfield and indeed, like I said, ordered a Ipod for myself. It works beautifully connected via the Pioneer Ipod cable.

I have not tried DVD video playback as of yet - that is on my list to do really soon though. Update: Played through some of the "Borat' DVD and playback is fine. No complaints.

My unit is bypassed (to allow viewing/navigation) and that was very easy to do. It literally took about 3 minutes.

I also installed the PAC SWI-PS (Steering Wheel Controls) and it wasn't that hard to install. A little confusing to program at first - but I stuck with it and the steering wheel controls work well now. Didn't think i was even going to attempt installing this - but once I had the radio out and everything else opened up - I thought that I'd better just go ahead and do it now. Glad I did.

Words to the wise: If you have an 06' Armada with the Climate Controls LCD, you'll need the Metra dash kit (99-7606) - the OEM bezel from Nissan will not work because it does not have the Climate Control LCD slot/opening. You'll also need a Nissan antenna adapter to be able to connect the D3 to the OEM Nissan antenna.

The only wire I do not have connected at this point is the Reverse Pulse sensor. I plan on doing that soon though - as Crutchfield is sending me the backup cam free (see the CF website for this promotion) and I should have it before this weekend. It's not that I had problems finding it or anything - I just never looked - as i needed to get this installed as quickly as possible last Friday because we had plans for a Vegas trip this past weekend.

I did make a couple of small scratches in my dash (I just wasn't careful enough I guess!) but they are barely noticeable. i also have a slight rattle coming from the stereo area, so I'm going to check on that this weekend as well and fix that "issue". I think it's just the PAC SWI-PS box causing the rattle (hitting something).

Anyways, here she is...If you have any questions - just ask!

2006 Nissan Armada SE -- Tint: 35% (Front Windows) Back & Rear: 20%

armada1.JPG

Speed Sensor (VSS) wire - located behind the gauge cluster (white w/ red stripe...VSS wire from the AVIC-D3 is PINK)

armada7.JPG

AVIC-D3 INSTALLED

armada11.JPG

armada12.JPG

armada14.JPG

Caution / NAG screen

armada16.JPG

Navigation Map

armada19.JPG

Navigation Options

armada21.JPG

Gauges

armada23.JPG

Drivers View

armada24.JPG

Address Search

armada25.JPG

Point of Interest Search (POI)

armada26.JPG

Search by Phone Number

armada28.JPG

Recent Destinations

armada29.JPG

Connection Settings

armada30.JPG

A/V Sources

armada32.JPG

FM Radio

armada33.JPG

Ipod Interface - Music

armada34.JPG

DVD Movie Playback

armada39.JPG

#4 Prostitute in all of Kazakhstan!

armada46.JPG

Guest THE OP

Nice Nissan! Very nice install. Flip some of those pix so people don't break their necks trying to look at them :D

I may have some questions when I get mine. Shipped today 19.91 lbs, damn what the hell did I order!

Anyway, congrats on the install. Did you get the Backup Camera deal I posted?? If not call up CF and tell them to send it to ya.

THE OP

Nice Nissan! Very nice install. Flip some of those pix so people don't break their necks trying to look at them :D

I may have some questions when I get mine. Shipped today 19.91 lbs, damn what the hell did I order!

Anyway, congrats on the install. Did you get the Backup Camera deal I posted?? If not call up CF and tell them to send it to ya.

THE OP

Yes he did.

I plan on doing that soon though - as Crutchfield is sending me the backup cam free (see the CF website for this promotion) and I should have it before this weekend.
Guest THE OP
Nevermind, I answered my own question. Went to the CF product page and downloaded the manual.

Page 42. It will sort by nearest to farthest.

What was the question? Nevermind I questioned my own answer. :shock: Damn, is it Friday yet?

Does the sirius module allow for favorite alerts?

No, I don't think it has this feature...that would be nice...

any pictures of your pac swi install? how u wired it i mean

No, I was in such a rush to get everything finished that I really just didn't want to take th etime to take a bunch of actual install pics (sorry!)

However, the PAC SWI-PS was pretty easy. You can get vehicle specific instructions from the PAC website that makes it really simple. For my Nissan, I only had to hook one wire (White) from the PAC and connect it to my 12 VOLT/Battery wire (RED). I also had to ground it. I think those were the only 2 wires I connected from the PAC...there may be one more that I'm forgetting. I'll do some research tomorrow when I have more time and post it back here for sure though.

I also had to use 2 resistors (I think that is what they are called?) (they are included with the PAC) Regardless, the vehicle specific PAC instructions really make the install a breeze.

I was really dreading the PAC install and thought for sure I would have to take it to a PRO - but it actually ended up being fairly easy. Was probably the biggest surprise I encountered during my install.

got my Pac Swi PS installed. Does your take a like a second for the button to register that its been pressed? Like mine use to be instant but now I gotta hold the button down for like a second.

yeah, mine is like that too, although I don't think it takes that long to get used to. it's much better than having to touch the screen or turn a knob while you are going 80mph down the road though ;)

About the illum color, I honestly have not tried to match it up perfectly as of yet. It's on my list of things to do....what I have is close, but probably not perfect.

• 3 weeks later...