AVIC411.com

D3 Reverse Signal - Low/High... what does yours say?

Got my D3 installed on my 05 Nissan Altima and in the connection status menu under "Back Signal" it says "Low"... and this doesn't change whether I'm in reverse or not. I connected it to the wire that Crutchfield told me to (green/white under driver's kick panel). I don't have a rear-view camera so I don't know if it's actually getting the right signal, but it says it's important for the GPS system.

In the manual, it says "When the gear lever is shifted to R, the signal switches to High or Low. (Which of these is displayed depends on the vehicle.)"

So did I connect it to the wrong wire? What is going on in everyone else's system?

It sounds like you connected it to the wrong wire, or if you used a splice connector it doesn't go through the insulation of the wire you're tapping into.

If you drive in reverse does the indicator on the map move backwords, or does the arrow flip around to point in the direction you're traveling?

Just so you know I have two grn/white wires underneath in my kick panel. You definately have the wrong wire. Or your crimp is not making a full connection.

If you measure with a meter it will go from ~ 0v to ~14v or just get a cheap "hot" light and it will either light up when in reverse or when not depending how your car goes.

Burn

You probably connected it wrong the easiest way is install it is to run the wire to your taillight in your car manual it will tell you which bulb is your backup light and then tap the wire goin to that bulb. You can also identify the bulb by simply puttin your car in reverse and have someone tell u which bulb lights up

first i wouldn't use a "hot" light although it may work you can also screw stuff up so i wouldn't suggest it in any modern car, use a multimeter or a computer safe logic probe

second the easiest isn't going all the way to the back of the car, that seems like alot of work when you can get it under the dash somewhere.