AVIC411.com

screen gone after 10,000?

so i read in the owners manual..the screen is suppose to go out after 10,000 miles then we call the pioneer guys. what exactly are they going to do for us if our screens go out after 10,000 miles? replace it for us?

and another question..i dont turn off my z1 when i turn off my car, i just let the z1 turn off as the car turns off. and when i start it back up the z1 starts as my car starts...is that bad for the z1? would it be safer to turn on/off the z1 as i turn on/off my car?

one last question, my air vents are right above my z1. if i turn on my heater at night, i feel like im gonna toast the z1. should i be careful when using the heater?

thanks in advance

it isnt 10k miles. It is 10k hours. After 10k hours you send the unit to pioneer for a 200 dollar fix.

There is no way to manually shut off your Z1 unless you implement some kind of switch, so the Z1 is meant to shut off the way you are currently doing.

on a side note: coocho alert.

and another question..i dont turn off my z1 when i turn off my car, i just let the z1 turn off as the car turns off. and when i start it back up the z1 starts as my car starts...is that bad for the z1? would it be safer to turn on/off the z1 as i turn on/off my car?

That makes no sense. The Z1 will shut off when you turn your car off, and turn on when you turn your car on. Thats how its supposed to work. I have no idea what you're trying to say there.

one last question, my air vents are right above my z1. if i turn on my heater at night, i feel like im gonna toast the z1. should i be careful when using the heater?

My air vents are also right above my D2. Most cars have air vents somewhere near their headunit, so I'm sure Pioneer made the units to withstand the heat. I doubt it'll be a problem.

power surge? Id suppose other things in your vehicle would be damaged far worst.. like the computer. Anyways, there are a few electronic components in your vehicles wiring to help with that, and like its been said, pionner has taken that into consideration Im very sure of.

Just the other day, I was driving for about an hour and a half with my heat on at full blast pretty much the whole way and all of the sudden, the z1 turned off and came back on with a message that said it was over heating and it should be turned off immediately. I let the screen come down and ran some cool air through my vents (which are on both sides of the z1) and then it was fine. So yes, I would say that you should be careful that it isn't getting too awfully hot in there. When mine was overheating, it was HOT.

ok, i dont know what kind of heat you guys have, but i'm sure it doesnt blow hotter than it gets in your car when it sparked in the sun with the windows up on a 100 degree day in august, yet the z1 still works fine when you get in and drive , doesnt it?

ok, i dont know what kind of heat you guys have, but i'm sure it doesnt blow hotter than it gets in your car when it sparked in the sun with the windows up on a 100 degree day in august, yet the z1 still works fine when you get in and drive , doesnt it?

In my situation, I think the problem was running the hottest heat for an hour and a half and having vents on both sides of the Z1 in addition to the massive amount of heat the z1 generates and blows out with its fan..... the area behind the z1 just kept getting hotter and hotter and it couldn't cool down because of that. When I touched the HDD cover with my hand, it was freakin' HOT. I couldn't believe how hot it was. The Z1 generates A LOT OF HEAT when it is RUNNING. If it's sitting in a parked car in 100 degree sun, that's not a huge problem because it's not running. If you had the car turned on with the heat turned on in 100 degree sun for an hour and a half (with vents on both sides of the z1), I'm sure you could recreate the incident that occured with me.

apriliaboy said:

If you had the car turned on with the heat turned on in 100 degree sun for an hour and a half (with vents on both sides of the z1), I'm sure you could recreate the incident that occured with me.

Am i the only one who doesnt understand why you would have the heat on when its 100 degrees outside? 8)

Very funny... :)

My point is only that in my Grand Cherokee there are vents on both sides of the z1 and I had them running full blast hot air for an hour and a half with the z1 on and it over heated. It takes some pretty extreme circumstances for that to occur, but it can happen.