AVIC411.com

Updated Bypass Instructions for the Avic Z1, Z2, and Z3

Its either the bluetooth fix or the heat failure fix, or both. Either way, the 2-wire bypass should work

I bought my unit in April of 2006. I am guessing that it was made in January, 2006.

I sent my unit in for repair last week. They told me they updated the firmware and it should be arriving at my house sometime this week.... Is this firmware update considered the "Bluetooth Update CD" update? Should the 2 ground wire bypass work on my unit?

Thanks and I appreciate all the help, guys!

Nick

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a z2 and.....

Is this method different for than that of hyperite's? In his method you'd have to unlock your hard drive. Is that required here as well?

Appears you just have download the blue tooth update and then do the 2 wire bypass...is this blue tooth update similar to that of hyperite's below:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9WRHDYJ2

Anyone? Please confirm...I am installing this unit on Friday....

• 4 weeks later...

i tried doing the bluetooth download and the 2 wire mod... i had the installer do the 2 wire mod. but when insert the cd it just says there is a cd in it... and nothing happens.... i reset the head unit and the bypass worked for about 20 mins then came up with the parking brake message... can anyone help me out?

I am unclear on this (sorry). I have read several post...

I have a May 07 Z2.

I downloaded Z2BypassUpdate.iso and ran that. Was successful.

I took the cell phone mute wire and moved it to connector 2 in the corner and grounded it along with the reverse wire.

As far as I know it works except I still get the warning when popping in a DVD. Is this normal?

I am running it on the bench and would like to confirm its right before installing.

If the above is correct, should I do anything else? Does the BT update apply to this one?

Thanks !

Rich

Probably a bad burn on the update. Try burning it again or call Pioneer and ask them to send you one

i tried doing the bluetooth download and the 2 wire mod... i had the installer do the 2 wire mod. but when insert the cd it just says there is a cd in it... and nothing happens.... i reset the head unit and the bypass worked for about 20 mins then came up with the parking brake message... can anyone help me out?

Parking brake wire, not reverse wire. Its the light green one

I am unclear on this (sorry). I have read several post...

I have a May 07 Z2.

I downloaded Z2BypassUpdate.iso and ran that. Was successful.

I took the cell phone mute wire and moved it to connector 2 in the corner and grounded it along with the reverse wire.

As far as I know it works except I still get the warning when popping in a DVD. Is this normal?

I am running it on the bench and would like to confirm its right before installing.

If the above is correct, should I do anything else? Does the BT update apply to this one?

Thanks !

Rich

Parking brake wire, not reverse wire. Its the light green one

Sorry was thinking about the reverse wire. but I meant parking brake.

So update done, and the new pin on connector 2 and parking brake grounded and I should be good to go?

Is the warning screen normal when starting a DVD movie?

Thanks !