AVIC411.com

Will the ducatiboy bypass for Z1 work with Z2?

If you want to check, with the parking brake not grounded, try flashing your lights when you start the vehicle. I would love to be "needed" again. :)

But to answer Esfour, I would highly doubt that my circuit would just work on a Z2, at least not without some more testing. If someone has a Z2 and would like to test the flash the headlights thing, I would be very happy to hear how you make out.

When you first get the one line boot message (cant remember what it says off hand) turn the lights on and off twice (ending with off)...

Actually you only need to turn them from off to on or from on to off. You only need one "transition" in only one direction. The rumor that you need more than that stemmed from people having bad timing and if you keep flipping the switch on and off you are bound to hit one of them. But you only really need to turn your lights on at the correct time. Just FYI.

Sorry flashing the lights doesn't work on the Z2.

Not that I have a Z2 to test with, but if someone has this maybe would like to try something. Just a thought I had.

Since I remember the rumor of a Avic unit needed the parking brake to be off when it started up and then grounded a couple seconds after starting the vehicle... permanently grounding did not work but it needed grounding after it powered up. Maybe something like that might help with the Z2. Just a thought... something to try.

Not that I have a Z2 to test with, but if someone has this maybe would like to try something. Just a thought I had.

Since I remember the rumor of a Avic unit needed the parking brake to be off when it started up and then grounded a couple seconds after starting the vehicle... permanently grounding did not work but it needed grounding after it powered up. Maybe something like that might help with the Z2. Just a thought... something to try.

no this did not work and I do not have a tester so that is all I can do.