AVIC411.com

Sirius only works occasionally... Must have Howard!!

Z1 with BT, Sirius, Ipod. Everything had been working great until a month into ownership.

Then, Sirius would say "Acquiring Signal". This began happening for longer and longer periods until now it says this virtually all of the time.

Techie friend said to replace the antenna as it could be damaged, especially if it's routed through a door seal, which it was.

New antenna, mounted without any antenna cord impingment, still says "Acquiring Signal".

However, it will work, sometimes. Usually when the vehicle is started but for only a few seconds to a few minutes, then back to permanent "Acquiring Signal".

I've tried all the cables, ground, fuse, etc. I'm at a loss as to what to tackle next. The power and ground are shared with other things, but I cannot see how that would be suddenly problematic.

Desperate for Howard, Please help!

• 1 month later...
Right, and Opie and Anthony are gonna quit FM...Again

Nah, they are going to get fired. AGAIN. LOL I'm tired of OnA. Their fans are fanatical rejects. I am on an XM Radio message board where several of the OnA fans post that everyone who listens to their show should read the OnA boards every 30 minutes, subscribe to download their past "greatest hits" shows from Audible, etc. Its just a goddamn radio show! LOL And I used to pay the extra $1.99 a month when they were a "premium" channel on XM.

Ron and Fez, now thats a different story! I hope you like their show!

Better than O&A, but still prefer the celeb interviews that Howard manages to pull in. They both have their moments. Its baseball season now, so talk radio is dead to me for the next six months :)

Ron and Fez, now thats a different story! I hope you like their show!