AVIC411.com

i had everything hooked up yesterday only to find out that the cam pic is upside down (misfit told me i could flip it) so that's not a big deal.

could you guys help me with the wiring info? how do you have ur camera hooked up? when you engage in reverse? or how else do you have it done?

i don't know much about wiring. all i did so far was put the plate up and run the wire to the front of the car. the installer left me some white/purple cable but i do not really know what to do with that. he told me to run that wire to my reverse light? i'm not quite sure what he said/what to do.

thanks

There is a wire that goes to your cars reverse lights. When your car is in reverse, that wire gets 12V+. When your car isn't in reverse, that wire gets 0V.

You need to find that wire and splice the purple wire into that wire.

Post the year/make/model of your car and someone can give you the info on where to find your reverse wire.

the wire you will need will be black with a pink stripe chances are your gonna find it on on the harness going to the rear of the vehicle look on the drivers side you can also connect the power to the camera at the same place or you can connect the power of the camera to the red wire wire behind the radio any questions feel free to ask

aiight..i'll see what i can do...so that's all i need to do then?

spice the purple/white wire to teh black/pink wire and i'm good to go?

and that makes the camera work when i put it in Reverse right?

thanks buddy

I spliced the purple and white wire onto the black wire with a pink stripe. When I open the doors the camera comes on. When I close the door the camera goes off. I put my car in reverse and there is no picture. Is the black and pink wire the correct wire?

I spliced the purple and white wire onto the black wire with a pink stripe. When I open the doors the camera comes on. When I close the door the camera goes off. I put my car in reverse and there is no picture. Is the black and pink wire the correct wire?

No I wouldn't say so. Lol. Whatever wire you tapped into gets 12V+ when the doors are opened.