AVIC411.com

AT3 files... what are they what have you tried?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried creating an at3 and putting it on the Z1?
[url=http://www.gamersreports.com/forum/index.php?s=ea2aab672a3e98ee6c09ecf94ad08df0&showtopic=1901&pid=14057&st=0&#entry14057]http://www.gamersreports.com/forum/inde ... entry14057[/url]

or is there a mess of DB files that need to be edited with it?
[quote name="edrock200"]Have you tried creating an at3 and putting it on the Z1?
[url=http://www.gamersreports.com/forum/index.php?s=ea2aab672a3e98ee6c09ecf94ad08df0&showtopic=1901&pid=14057&st=0&#entry14057]http://www.gamersreports.com/forum/inde ... entry14057[/url]

or is there a mess of DB files that need to be edited with it?[/quote]

I did not try adding an AT3 to the Z1 yet.

As far as DB's yes, there are several files that get created/modified.

I should have uploaded it here instead of the other thread since it's AT3 related. Here is the link to the files modded when an CD is ripped to the Z1: [url]http://www.avic411.com/forum/download.php?id=215[/url]

What I will try (once I have a successfully created and tested AT3 on my PC) is replacing one of the existing tracks with the alternate AT3 file. As you can see in the attachment the final at3 is just named Track0x.at3. Nothing to do with the song/album/title. All of that is in the other files.
i have tried just about everything trying to play those at3 files, opened it with all types of files types in a special audio editor program. tried in a md player, ipod converion programs, psp conversion programs. even tried flipping the audio track and converting it. wiles wont play in a d1 either. good job pioneer!
Perhaps the headers are not stripped from the files but something has been added.

I ripped the first track from the offspring CD using goldwave and the AT3 codec from Sony and at 132bit the ripped track is 420,592bytes and the same track ripped by the Z1 is 463,880bytes.

You already have the Z1 ripped file in this thread here: [url]http://www.avic411.com/forum/download.php?id=215[/url]

Attached to this post is the same track ripped by Goldwave.
I added the track to the Z1 HDD and loaded it back in the Z1. The new file didn't play. What I did notice was the track before the one I loaded no longer played either. Here is what it does:

Track 13 was replaced with the converted Atrac3 track.

Track 11 played fine.
Track 12 lit up on the display like it was going to play for about 1/2 a second
It moved to track 13 which did the same thing for 1/2 a second
Then Track 14 lit up and began to play normally.

It apparently does something with reading ahead or linking the tracks together since I didn't do anything to track12.

I think I'll create a CD with a single track and see what it creates.
Ok...first thing I need to say is for the most part, you guys are WAAAAY over my head with your abilities...so please keep that in mind before you roast my butt!! LOL

My first question is...aren't you saying that if you load mp3's onto a DVD or CD the Z1 will play them? If so, isn't there software already on the Z1 you can utilize? Maybe some sort of path needs to be written in that software to direct it to the hard drive instead of the disc.

Next question...doesn't an ipod play mp3's? (seriously...I have never owned one and I don't know for sure...but I swear my son told me that's what his uses) If so...and you can get an ipod adapter for the Z1, wouldn't it be easier to just add some sort of hard drive and run it through the ipod adapter? I realize it would take more than just a hard drive, but would it take that much more? You could figure out a way to easily remove it or use a laptop, etc to load it, etc.

Please...I know I'm pretty clueless about what you're trying to do here...so please go easy on me. I see the benefits of being able to work with the factory drive compared to adding one...but if that won't work...maybe something like this would.
Awsome work Pulp!

I like your idea of doing a one track CD. I would also make two CD's with, say, five tracks on them. Make all of the tracks the same except the third track. You need to do this on a "fresh" disk each time so you can compare the files to see if the track two song does in fact change.

You know I would also rip the exact same CD twice and compare the files. Some encryption methods use the time or a "random" number as a modifier to the encryption key. If they do that then the two idental disks will have different files. This will give us some info on the encryption (if any) being used.

Oh, what bitrate did you save the song as using your PC? 132kbps?
Ok, I've gotten a Z1 AT3 files to play on the PC. I basically just plopped the data from the Z1 file into the data portion of an AT3 file made on a PC.

WinAmp wouldn't play it and GoldWave wasn't happy about it because I didn't modify the PC file's header to have the correct length but it still loaded and played in GoldWave. Now I'll figure out the format for the PC AT3 header and fix it so the length is correct.

This means I should be able to easily "convert" files made on the PC to the format used on the Z1. The problem being I need to figure out where the headers are being stored and the database structure for that.

I'm including the hacked Z1 to PC At3 file here just because I know people will want to check it out. Remember it only works in GoldWave for now, I'll fix it and upload the fixed version too.

Oh! Duh! The great news about this is that the files are not encrypted!
Pulp_Fiction:

Can you replace your TRACK01.AT3 file on your Z1 with this file and let me know if it works?

It should sound strange, like it plays through and then part of it repeats because I padded the end of it with data from the Z1 to make the files the same length. I just want to make sure it actually plays.
[quote name="Cirbirus"]Pulp_Fiction:

Can you replace your TRACK01.AT3 file on your Z1 with this file and let me know if it works?

It should sound strange, like it plays through and then part of it repeats because I padded the end of it with data from the Z1 to make the files the same length. I just want to make sure it actually plays.[/quote]

Ok, I replaced the same size Track01 with your track01 and also replaced a much larger track01 on another album to see if the size mattered.

Both track01 played on both albums. They both ran for 28 seconds. They both sounded the same.

However they did not sound like anything you likely would have wanted it to (assuming you sent music or at least voice). The sound was a high pitched mess of mixed noises. Kind of what it sounds like when you put a data CD in a regular CD player.

My guess is you have the header correct enough for the unit to try and play it but it is interpreting something wrong.

If I can find a digital recorder around here I'll post what plays. I think my mp3 player records....
Sweet! I was probably just sloppy in my editing of the file. I'll do a cleaner one now.

Looking at the files I think the Z1 is padding the ends of the files when it rips them which would account for the difference of size. Also since I don't really know anything about the ATRAC codec I don't know if the previous packet affects the preceding packet that could be the problem as well. I'm going to try just padding the file with silence.

I'll upload the modified file right away.
[quote name="Cirbirus"]Sweet! I was probably just sloppy in my editing of the file. I'll do a cleaner one now.

Looking at the files I think the Z1 is padding the ends of the files when it rips them which would account for the difference of size. Also since I don't really know anything about the ATRAC codec I don't know if the previous packet affects the preceding packet that could be the problem as well. I'm going to try just padding the file with silence.

I'll upload the modified file right away.[/quote]

Since flat out replacing one file with a MP3 or other file affects the next or previous (damn, I can't remember which put I posted it somewhere) song then there may be something to the previous affecting the preceding thing you said.