AVIC411.com

Z2 installed in 2001 audi s4

lol.

it was a concept I came up with to see how the Z1 could be used. The forward looking camera should be a thermal camera for dense fog driving. A lot of the high end car will be coming with such a feature.

I have incorporated the avic along with a Pocket DVR (Digital Video Recorder) to capture the rear, forward and cabin mic to an 8 gig SD card. They system records both cameras and any source I route to the rear video output of the avic for up to 4 hours. Like a little black box. Good for accidents, capturing scenic drives down the miami beach, DUI’s, BAD COPS .. etc… I have worked my way out of a ticket with this concept,

So it’s a techie thing, no real reason for having it, even thou the night vision is effective, I have driven the car on dark roads with no lights on and driving is possible at safe rate of speed.

This is just the beginning of what technologies will move into cars. Scary

The dash from metra for 00-02 B5 S4 is 99-9105. I like the setup of the diamond audio. I currently have their HEX components in the front and their subs. I am switching to somthing else soon. I just do not want my whole trunk taken up. I want to keep my spare in there, so I'll end up prob doing somthing very simple. I am looking at MTX 8500 or 9500 series subs(10s) or even xtant product.

I never had the Z1 so I do not know what has really improved. From what I've heard from my friends they say the IPOD interface has gotten better. I would enjoy the Z2 more if I could bypass it none the less it is still a nice unit. I am waiting for my bluetooth to come in so I can connect my treo and also waiting to hook up the back up camera from pioneer.

The dash from metra for 00-02 B5 S4 is 99-9105. I like the setup of the diamond audio. I currently have their HEX components in the front and their subs. I am switching to somthing else soon. I just do not want my whole trunk taken up. I want to keep my spare in there, so I'll end up prob doing somthing very simple. I am looking at MTX 8500 or 9500 series subs(10s) or even xtant product.

Nice, I love the sound of the HEX, but Diamond is sq why go to mtx or xtant, any certain reason? Ive worked with mtx, diamond, boston, kicker, alpine, infinity pretty much everything excepty the internet crap like pyle and so on lol........ what kind of car do you have and what kind of music do you listen too?

Well all this will be getting done to my 01 S4. I am not restricted to one type of music, I listen to everything. I was going to change out my subs I currently have the diamond audio mac daddies. I was going to go with xtant and their amps. Component wise I like the diamond audio but I wanted to see what else is better out there. I was looking at Kicker SS series comp but again fitment issues.

Well all this will be getting done to my 01 S4. I am not restricted to one type of music, I listen to everything. I was going to change out my subs I currently have the diamond audio mac daddies. I was going to go with xtant and their amps. Component wise I like the diamond audio but I wanted to see what else is better out there. I was looking at Kicker SS series comp but again fitment issues.

If you can get ahold of xtant amps from the late 90's they kick ass, now they are produced and owned by mtx, not that mtx isnt decent, I have worked with dozens of the alpine pdx line amps, They rock! I would have used them myself but I wanted to keep everything diamond, plus you can hide the amps or put them under a seat being they are so small, now those are designed more for clairity, if you want more thump, I have also worked with Rockfords new power series amps and they are small and efficent as well, as far as speakers, if you like clairity try the Boston Z6's they rock I've had them in the past, if you like more vocals, use the boston pro's they are designed for alot more mid bass, you can get them in 2way or 3way. where are you trying to put the sub?