AVIC411.com

2003 Mercedes E320 and Pioneer D3? is it possible

i installed mine in the C320 no problem, but i don't have BOSE system, which means no fiber optic, installation is still possible even with u have fiber optic, just that it will cost more for labour cost for ur installer. Might wanna ask your local installer for informations and recommendation

Fiber or not as long as you buy the correct harness you are fine. The only thing that uses the fiber is the CD and Telephone which you lose once you take out the command unit anyway. Just get the correct VW harness (MB and VW use same stereo set-up) and connect everything as is. Keep in mind that you need to switch the constant and ignition wires else you will not be able to power down the unit.

I have it installed in my M-class running through bose (it sounds like crap, but I have a lot f "free" music). To tell the truth when playing a CD through the unit, it sounds ok, definately much better than the command unit (or MCS in my case)

Good Luck

Yes you can install it into a E320. There are some companies that make a plastic insert that will allow for the Double din install - I have seen them online. If you have the bose amp you can easily wire the system up through the stock harness by using the VW wire harness (crutchfield or any other source) you will also need the euro converter for the antenna.

If you have the bose amp , you need to purchase a line level converter like (Scosche Oea4 4-Channel Adjustable Factory Amplifier Interface ) becasue you dont want to fry the bose amp by feeding it too much power. You can also gets lots of line noise, pops distortion problems etc. On my 2000 E55 (w210) I had great sound but the volume control was just too senstive...you turn it up 2 or 3 notches and its blasting. The white noise surrounding the function beep and GPS voice is super noticable as well. The above mentioned product takes care of all of this and is easy to wire into the Vdub harness.

I am not 100% sure on this...but your harness should have all the wires neccessary except for (VSS) speed sensor, illumination and ACC power. The stock command unit is fed constant power and the control of the unit is powered by Foptic system. Easy fix is to wire into the cigarete plug for your switched power an illumination leads. I believe purple/red is illumination(of which you will find two wires) and yellow/black is +12v switched. Since this lead is on its own fusible link its an easy way to get a clean switched power lead.

The vss wire should be either in the plug and if not under the passanger driver door sill plate as a greenwithblack wire. Again im not totally sure as I have a w210 and i believe you are a w211 - but that should give you a decent stasrting point. good luck