AVIC411.com

Low signal from GPS antenna when mounted in Rear shelf

I only put it "Free" on the Rear shelf, so i have not used the little magnetic square..

I did buy this in second hand so i did not recived the little magnetic square, but i will try tomorrow and put it on pure metal and see if its some diffrence.

Can it be that i have "Black plastic" sunfilm/protection on the window in my car and this disturb the signals?...

"Black sunfilm/protection" = Don`t know the english word for this, hope you understand anyways what i talking about.

The tint most likely has a metal base to it that reflects your signal. I have mine mounted up under the dash on top of the air vent and get perfect signal. I ran into the same problem with my Sirius antenna in the back window with my tint. Kept fading out or no signal at all.

Ok then i try to place the gps antenna in the dash and see if there is some difference for me...

Is there some other great antennas that i can buy? have seen on newer volvo cars that they have shark gps antennas..

Some idea to give me? it its not working to good on the dashboard..

many tints have metallic properties to them and would thus interfere with your GPS getting a signal. also, I have a little trouble with it n m shelf, byt I just moved teh unit back a few inches and voila! good signal. whatever you do, try to secure the thing with either velcro or something else if you put it on your dashboard somewhere. you *can* put it outside, but test different areas in teh car first.

also, your testing will take a while. don't put it there and just expect it to automatically start grabbing satellites. leave it in one position for a day or so, and look at the signal strength on your headunit... its in there somewhere.

Have today mounted the antenna on the dash, and voila have signal strong sometimes and not full sometimes....

Did make a metalplate 6cm * 6cm that i did put the antenna on and now its working good :D:D:D Will try to move the antenna around and see if i find better place with 100% signal all the time....

Thanks all for answer my stupid quastions..

Regards