AVIC411.com

D3 vs. AVH-P6800DVD need help on deciding.

d3 or AVH-P6800DVD  

17 members have voted

1. 1. d3 or AVH-P6800DVD

• D3
    • AVH-P6800DVD

Sup everyone. Iv been reading alot of stuff on this site. and theres a bunch of u guys out there that seem to kno ur electronics. my gf is plannin on gettin me one for my birthday next week 4.18 and i need help deciding on these 2. they r about the same price.

they both play about the same thing. except 6800 cant play divx.

1 has the navi which i want and the other has the 6 disk which i want. i was plannin on the 6800 and buyin the navi seperate. but thats like an additional grand. so if you guys can give me some pros and cons about them that would be dope. 1 of them is going on my rsx. :wink:

just to keep it simple. i want wat both have. thanks.

and yes im a no0o0b wen it come to electronics. :oops:

I vote D3.

If you have an iPod then you can hook it up to the D3 and have all of your songs and movies readily available. No need for the 6 disc.

You can also buy a 6 disc DVD changer for $400 or a 6 disc CD changer for $150.

yea i was thinkin the same thing. can some 1 explain exactly wat the bypass does. is it just to watch dvd while driving? which is pretty dangerous.

My vote is the D3, but you should know that you can find standalone nav for far less than a grand used. I have seen them go for $300 on ebay. There should be a new disk out this year that upgrades it to the same mapping as the D3 so even if you pay full retail, your only at $550

I vote D3.

If you have an iPod then you can hook it up to the D3 and have all of your songs and movies readily available. No need for the 6 disc.

You can also buy a 6 disc DVD changer for $400 or a 6 disc CD changer for $150.

yea i was thinkin the same thing. can some 1 explain exactly wat the bypass does. is it just to watch dvd while driving? which is pretty dangerous.

The bypass lets you do anything that you can do while the car is stopped. You can change the navigation destination, look up POIs or watch DVDs, which, like you said, is very dangerous.

However most people use it so that their passengers can watch movies or TV and use the navi functions.

The only thing that you can do to the D3 is bypass it.

Theres no other modifications that make it better.

However Pioneer sells other accessories that make it better such as Bluetooth and the iPod cable.

yea prolly bypass for the passengers. not a really big fan of bluetooth, i really kno wat else bluetooth is for other then ur cell phone.

yea definitly the ipod.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually getting a 6800DVD for $560 (if I didn't get ripped off) and have an AVIC-9DVD add-on nav that I paid $150 shipped for from eBay - got lucky on that one. Unfortunately, the RGB cable to connect the two is around $90 shipped, crapdammit! It's just a cable for cripes sakes.

Anyway, only 2 real benefits to this setup over the D3... the visualizations look real cool, or at least the screen shots do. I have no idea why no other 2-DIN HU in existence has visualizations. I like eye candy. :wink: Also, the LCD is bigger.

Other than that, the D3 has the better iPod interface, better built-in navigation due to the latest software the add ons support is CNDV-50MT which is 2yrs old, better UI, plays Divx, etc.

I could probably sell the entire setup for enough to buy a D3, but did I mention I really like eye candy? :lol: